Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diotav

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
I'm planning on buying a LG GGW-H10N or GGW-H20N Blu-Ray/HD-DVD-combo for burning Blu-Ray and watching HD-DVD. My only question is if this is going to work with my Mac Pro and am I able to use AnyDVD in combination with BootCamp to watch these discs? :apple:

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
DVD Player on the Mac supports HD-DVD if I'm not mistaken? Or does it just support HD Video_TS folders? Not sure about windows apps.

No experience on the matter so don't take my word for it but:

Current Apple Hardware do not support DVD-HD nor BD.
There is no current apple player for any of those.

But at least Toast allows to burn BD and my guess is that FCS does it too.

So my guess is that in few months, leopard will have the features to read/write and support hardware for dvd's next generation... until then you're better off waiting (price might get a bit down in two/three months)
As for your combo of Windows/dvd-hd/bd player i can't see why it would fail (but then again i do not use window)

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
There are a few blu ray (and probably HD DVD too) drives that work in Macs, you just need to find the ones that have OS X drivers I think.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
There are a few blu ray (and probably HD DVD too) drives that work in Macs, you just need to find the ones that have OS X drivers I think.

No, OS X recognizes the drives and reads things fine, it's just that DVD Player can't play back HD vids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.