PDA

View Full Version : foreign languages in iTunes

mmmdreg
Jul 29, 2003, 02:44 AM
how exactly are you meant to get songs with titles in foreign languages (asian languages specifically)? while the finder can read the characters, iTunes turns it into gibberish, meaning it will be like that on an iPod. So.. I'm not going to go renaming hundreds of songs that I can't read (and no, they aren't for me). So how do I get around this?

bousozoku
Jul 29, 2003, 02:27 PM
I've imported information for Japanese and Spanish CDs over the past couple of weeks and while there are usually some spelling errors, things work fine. I don't have an iPod to confirm it there, but, from what you're saying, it should work too.

You can change the spellings quite easily using Get info.

Elan0204
Jul 29, 2003, 10:55 PM
I have song titles in itunes that have japanese characters. However, I don't have an ipod so I can't say if they transfer ok or not. I'm not sure what you mean about itunes turing the characters into gibberish. Maybe if you provide more info and/or screenshots someone here may be able to offer more help.

mmmdreg
Jul 30, 2003, 03:04 AM
hmm. It must've been the files that were given to me then. I guess it was some unsupported thing. Well, in the end, what I did was "Get Info" on iTunes, unselect all the languages bar what I thought meant chinese, then reimported them from the cd. Now most seemed iffyishly alright. But I can't read it so I'm just hoping it was fine.