Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted an update to Aiport Extreme. This update is recommended for all Intel-based MacBook, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini computers and improves the reliability of AirPort connections.

The 745KB download is available at Apple's site or through your Mac OS X Software Update.

Requirements include:

- Mac OS X 10.4.10
- MacBook Pro or MacBook or Intel-based Mac mini

Article Link: Airport Extreme Update 2007-004

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Updated half an hour ago. No problems so far, but I didn't have any issues in the first place.

MacBook Pro 1.83 GHz.

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
OT a bit but does anyone have an idea of apple releasing an updated airport express with wirelss N?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Apple said:
This update is recommended for all Intel-based MacBook, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini computers and improves the reliability of AirPort connections.
Geeze, slightly vague. I'm hoping this will fix the wifi drop offs I've been experiencing since updating to 10.4.10. :eek:

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
wonder if this will fix the annoying disconnect randomly on airport :)

Geeze, slightly vague. I'm hoping this will fix the wifi drop offs I've been experiencing since updating to 10.4.10. :eek:

Have you guys been seeing AirPort actually disconnect (and go grayed out), or just an Internet connection drop? I am seeing my Internet drop out several times a day, but AirPort is always connected and good. So I am not sure if my problem is AirPort or ISP related :confused:

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Have you guys been seeing AirPort actually disconnect (and go grayed out), or just an Internet connection drop?
I'll be typing away (IM/ MR/ other sites/ email) when all of a sudden everything screeches to a halt.

Look up.

Sure enough, the wifi network get's grayed out, de-selected. I have to reselect the network, not a HUGE ordeal, but obnoxious when it happens more than once every few hours. :eek:

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
Have you guys been seeing AirPort actually disconnect (and go grayed out), or just an Internet connection drop? I am seeing my Internet drop out several times a day, but AirPort is always connected and good. So I am not sure if my problem is AirPort or ISP related :confused:

Internet connection drop for me (OS X still thinks it is connected).

I will run this update when I get home and see if it fixes the issue.

syklee26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005

i knew this was an airport station problem and not the airport card problem. the internet dropoff occurs only when you are using the Airport Extreme Station. I was getting so pissed to the point of getting rid of MBP. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
I'll be typing away (IM/ MR/ other sites/ email) when all of a sudden everything screeches to a halt.

Look up.

Sure enough, the wifi network get's grayed out, de-selected. I have to reselect the network, not a HUGE ordeal, but obnoxious when it happens more than once every few hours. :eek:

same here, but it hasnt been happening since ive updated. Though it hasnt happened a lot recently. I think it was my router.

RoadKill

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2003
LONDON UK
hasn't stopped my random reboots or kernel panics that only started with 10.4.10 also my system.log still gets filled up with:

AppleYukon: 00000000,00000000 skqueue - SkEventDispatcher - ignoring event queue, hardware is not responding

which I believe is more to do with the ethernet card in my Macbook. When I'm at work at plugged into the ethernet I don't get the random reboots or kernel panics so am hoping for 10.4.11 or patiently waiting for 10.5.0 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.