PDA

View Full Version : iPhoneDevCamp Apps of Lurve

katie ta achoo
Jul 31, 2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

iPhoneDevCamp ended a while ago, and ever since, I’ve been playing with all the apps pretty much non-stop. All of them are so neat and useful, but there are a few that I especially love.

Read Full Article (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/07/20/iphonedevcamp-apps-of-lurve/)

[ Arn note: still sorry, I've been very busy so I have a queue of katie articles I haven't gotten through posting. ]

Yankees 4 Life
Jul 31, 2007, 04:35 PM
hey that pool thing really is amazing.... i like it a lot :)

iomar
Jul 31, 2007, 05:20 PM
hey that pool thing really is amazing.... i like it a lot :)

OK, let me look at it. I have been ignoring it for a while and I never understood why people liked it. I thought it was just a pool, what is the big deal. It is not a software or something useful, but now I have to try to see what it is.

scalenine
Jul 31, 2007, 10:31 PM
These are all really great apps. And useful. One app I'd like to see for the iphone is one that used the iphone camera to read bar codes and then pull up information. If that was possible, you could do things like:

- Scan a bar code on an item and get nutritional information, definitions of what those 26 letter ingredients are, etc.

- Scan a product and get reviews, price comparisons, place to purchase, etc.

Then, if they could get some text recognition you could take a picture of a business card and have the iphone recognize the text and add the info into your address card. Possible? Probably not. Would be super cool though.

Ok... One last thing. Cover flow for contacts.

That's all.

Bahwinkle
Aug 1, 2007, 08:26 AM
I noticed the Dwight Silverman column in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE critiqued the iPhone after using it for a month. He is no longer impressed. Will you be covering his critique?

One of the things he finds objectionable is more AT&T's fault than Apple. Something about Edge vs wi-fi. (I've been upset with AT&T since it divested in the 80's.)

He is the PC columnists for the Chronicle, though he has admitted he likes some Apple products.

Other than that, I'm now very curious about the pool. I wonder if it will ice over during the winter months.

LOL

Yankees 4 Life
Aug 1, 2007, 08:33 AM
I noticed the Dwight Silverman column in the HOUSTON CHRONICLE critiqued the iPhone after using it for a month. He is no longer impressed. Will you be covering his critique?

One of the things he finds objectionable is more AT&T's fault than Apple. Something about Edge vs wi-fi. (I've been upset with AT&T since it divested in the 80's.)

He is the PC columnists for the Chronicle, though he has admitted he likes some Apple products.

Other than that, I'm now very curious about the pool. I wonder if it will ice over during the winter months.

LOL

hahahaha that would be off the chain if it iced over. Also, Silverman also said that the iphone was the best phone he had ever used three days after he got it. I think it's because he's an old man he finds it difficult.

Maui
Aug 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
I hadn't seen any of those apps, so thanks for posting them. I actually like the cheapest gas one, although I agree GPS in a future phone (or at least the ability to synch with a GPS device) would be huge.

avah12
Aug 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
Anyone know of an iPhone application that has all the daily newspaper comics. I know there are sites with RSS feeds, but it would be nice to have an iPhone interface.

EricNau
Aug 3, 2007, 01:28 PM
These are all web-based apps that require internet access, correct?