PDA

View Full Version : waiting in an apple store

synthetickittie
Jul 29, 2003, 10:57 AM
Im at the apple store in camberage, mass waiting for the 17inch powerbook. I got fed up with the waiting and with school starting in a few weeks. Its right now in the back getting ram added to it. Just standing here typing on a 15inch powerbook and thought Id randemly waste some time by typing this up. But I now cant wait to get that baby home and test it out, I also bought an AE card for my powermac back home and gonna be setting an airiport station for the first time so hopefully everything works out good the first time. Well ya got about 20 minutes left to wait for it....

cubist
Jul 29, 2003, 11:49 AM
You lucky person. That 17" is a beautiful piece of gear. The keyboard, the case, everything is just gorgeous.

Kwyjibo
Jul 29, 2003, 11:59 AM
very cool, this reminds me of the 'in an apple store" thread

Gymnut
Jul 29, 2003, 04:21 PM
I'm jealous. I don't want to hear about your 17. Bah! Next thread! ;)

HasanDaddy
Jul 29, 2003, 05:05 PM
I just purchased one too!

I'm writing a Policy Memo right now, on how we can update the American Public School system, so that it runs as smoothly and greatly as OS X

i see our school system today, the same way I see a WinDoZe XP computer

Overall --- I'm excited to be writing it on a new 17"

Macintosh --- The Power To Reform American Education

Dont Hurt Me
Jul 29, 2003, 05:56 PM
Cant say much about waiting in an Apple store because the state of South Carolina, you know the one populated with Hicks,Transplanted yankee's,and boat people doesnt have an apple store. This is Apples problem they have to have more parties selling mac hardware & software. My first Mac was from a Walmart can you see it? walk into walmart, sears,best buy i mean scratch the best buy but you know what i mean. Not a darn apple product software hardware etc. This is the root of Apples problems STEVE YOU OUT THERE??

RichP
Jul 29, 2003, 05:57 PM
I should have my new 17 tomorrow or thursday. I cant wait..still have yet to see the keyboard in action (the function is always locked out on demo machines)

solvs
Jul 29, 2003, 06:05 PM
You'll be happy for awhile. New P'Books won't be here until late Sept., early Oct. Minor bumps, possible price drops. In the mean time, you'll have had your computer for months.

If I had the money now, I wouldn't be waiting either.

RichP
Jul 29, 2003, 06:12 PM
Oh, no worry..the new ones will be released within a week, because a few of us have given up on holding out.

and I was thinking about it too, like you said, no major revisions, at least not until next year.

tazo
Jul 29, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by RichP
I should have my new 17 tomorrow or thursday. I cant wait..still have yet to see the keyboard in action (the function is always locked out on demo machines)

what apple store do u go to lol? at the one in WA all of the machines cept some of the powermacs with cinema displays, can be used and tried out. maybe talk to the management...cuz they aint gonna be pushing any mercahdnise that way....

BrandonRP0123
Jul 29, 2003, 09:15 PM
I just picked up a 12" PB last week (to replace my ``original'' 500Mhz dual-usb iBook). Although ``lacking'' the extra cache, the increase in performance I notice is very apparent in the GUI, multi-tasking, and various other areas. I was also proven wrong thinking that Apple couldn't make a smaller machine than the iBook.

alset
Jul 29, 2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by RichP
Oh, no worry..the new ones will be released within a week, because a few of us have given up on holding out.

and I was thinking about it too, like you said, no major revisions, at least not until next year.

Very true. If everyone wants to see products rollout faster, all they have to do is settle for less. Apple will then offer a great deal right after you make your purchase. It's a lot like waiting for the cable guy to come and fix your line... If you want him to hurry up and get here, leave.

Dan

Wyrm
Jul 29, 2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
Cant say much about waiting in an Apple store because the state of South Carolina, you know the one populated with Hicks,Transplanted yankee's,and boat people doesnt have an apple store.

Well, at least you can use the Music Store. No Apple Store, and No Music Store in Japan yet. Of course Steve said they are building one in THE GINZA.. (anybody know where in Ginza? I've looked on Chuodori but I guess I just end up looking at all the girls in tight skirts...<drool>) :D

-Wyrm

FriarTuck
Jul 30, 2003, 12:52 AM
I just surrendered, too.

From Apple.com :

12" PB w/ SD, 60 GB HD, 640 MB, AE, extra battery, Apple Care, Final Cut Express Promo.

From Amazon:

Kensington Simply Portable Two Plus Leather Carrying Case, Kensington Pocketmouse Pro Wireless, Kensington Notebook Microsaver.

And now I must sell some blood, and perhaps a nonvital organ.