PDA

View Full Version : 17" TFT recommendations

crenz
Jul 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking of getting a PowerMac G4, together with a 17" TFT. Right now, it seems that the Eizo L557 is my best choice. I've heard lots of good things about Eizo displays, and that particular TFT has a nice price (around 500) and nice features (good contrast & viewing angle, DVI+VGA etc.).

Is there any other TFT displays that MR members have made good experiences with? Or maybe some comments on the Eizo?

Thanks for the help!

hugemullens
Jul 29, 2003, 03:20 PM
I;ve found formacs displays to be really nice. Take a look at them.

crenz
Jul 29, 2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by hugemullens
I;ve found formacs displays to be really nice. Take a look at them.

I did. However, I don't like the looks (ok, that's taste) and I find the edge to be quite wide (as compared e.g. with the Eizo). Also, I find it a nuisance to have to either get ADC or VGA. I'd like to be able to use it on (*gasp*) PC's also, at least occasionally. How's the display quality?

hugemullens
Jul 29, 2003, 03:56 PM
The quality is great, i know what you mean when you say it'd be nice to use both pc and macs. I think they have a DVI option, which would work great, but that may just be the 20. THe image quality is great, but thats my subjective eye and you might not agree.

AngryAngel
Jul 29, 2003, 04:07 PM
I have choosen the NEC-Mitsubishi 1760NX as my next monirtor (for a 1.6 G5). This was based on high contrast, low cost, small bezzel, and most of all 16ms response time (time for a pixel to turn from white to black to white again, I believe).

The only other shipping montior with 16 ms is a Samsung, which is more expensive.

This makes the monitor good for fast scrolling text, watching DVDs and games.

HTH,

Ben