Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
I'm having some serious problems with my hp Photosmart 315 camera. I took some photos on it this afternoon and now I can't get them onto my iBook. I need these photos (they're photos of a house we're listing) because to re-take them would take at least three hours including driving time. When I load the camera onto the iBook (as in plug it in and turn it on) the iBook tells me the disk is not formatted.

Is there any third-party software I could use to forcibly get the photo files off of the camera and on the iBook? The camera shows up as an ordinary removable disk when I connect it.

Edit: I'm using Jaguar on the iBook, and it's a 64 MB card in the camera which (for some reason) is formatted as FAT 16 (yes, I know that sounds weird). None of the computers runnig XP will read the card either.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
The camera doesn't need drivers for OS X. I'm going to try the card in my card reader, but I don't really expect to get results. What I'm looking for is some software that can try to get the data off the camera no matter what.

What really baffles me is why the card is formatted as FAT 16 and not FAT 32 or NFTS. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.