PDA

View Full Version : Question about 12 in. Pbook Graphics Capabilites..

sebaz
Jul 29, 2003, 06:02 PM
Im thinking of finally switchin over to the mac side of things, im looking into gettin a max out 12 in. pbook (been waiting for an update for 6 months), i notice how Apples dont get outdate as fast as say their PC couterparts, seen ppl running Panther betas in 300-400 Mhz and it runs smooth, so to start off in the apple world im lookininto a 12 in pbook, eventually movin into a G5 but thats gettin ahead of myself. Well back to the topic in hand, I read the spec sheet @ apple.com and it says it can push another display up to 1600 x 1200, now is that in monitor spannin? or in clamshell mode?. Since i have a 19" in. monitor im planning to use it for some extra desktop space while im a my house, and is that 1600 x 1200 32 Bit color @ 85Hz (very important)..because if its a 60 ..oooo my poor eyes. Thanx for the help guys, appreciated.

-sebaz (future mac switcher :D )

tjwett
Jul 29, 2003, 06:59 PM
i think the resolution capabilities for external displays are the same for mirror mode, extended desktop (dual display), and clamshell mode. you can get
1600x1200 all the way down to the lowest settings your monitor supports. enjoy your 12" PowerBook. i'm liking mine pretty good so far.

BrandonRP0123
Jul 29, 2003, 09:22 PM
I've tested all the way upto 1280x1024 and they are the same all the way across the board - regardless of what you're using your external monitor for. When you open the display sys pref panel a window pops up on both screens (one for each screen, or just 1 on the large monitor; depending what mode you're in). You can even operate at thousands of colors on the external and millions on the built-in display.

I haven't tested 1600x1200 externally so I cannot comment on frequencies over 75Hz (as 75 is the highest available at 1280x1024).

I hope this helps.