Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Yeah I know what your thinking
'No way, that impossible, that a millennium'
Yeah i was thinking that to, but the math works.

It is a Intresting Story to say the least...

Thats right everyone, prepare to be Sued... maybe not today, maybe not next year, maybe not even 10 years after that, BUT THEY WILL GET YOU... eh, Or your Grandchildren... ;) :rolleyes:

Comeon, this will never work, the RIAA will lose patience and will give up.

Just think about it. :)

BrandonRP0123

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I don't think they can legally sue heirs of your estate or whatever (meaning your children or grand children). I'll make sure to be buried with my PowerBook (or whatever it might be called in 50-70 years). That Aluminum/titanium/plastic/fiberglass; whatever it's made of by then should hold up well. You want the songs? Get a shovel. Somewhere out there Lars Ulrich is rolling over in his grave because I have 60 year old Metallica songs on my Powerbook.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
It's completely unrealistic to believe they will get around to 60 million users, and take the next 188 years to do so.

This whole thing won't be the same by then, let alone in the next 10 years I'd imagine.

I've said it before...I'll say it again...

it's a game of cat & mouse...it'll never have an ending...

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Yeah I to think there is a snowballs chance in hell of them getting everyone, or even close to everyone.

That will not stop them from suing people but it will be damn impossible for them to do so.

The world will change in 10, 15 and maybe by 20 years they will accept File Sharing.

BrandonRP0123

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by MrMacman

The world will change in 10, 15 and maybe by 20 years they will accept File Sharing. [/B]

The government will step in before that.

The first one of these cases to hit the supreme court will find that the RIAA attacking citizens of the United States of America because they desire not to pay the bloated prices for music unconstitutional. I almost want to say this is covered under the first amendment's right to assembly (assembling or simulation of assembly therein with respect to the Gnutella network or similar to exchange information).

What the RIAA doesn't understand is that for Joe User to seriously take advantage of downloaded music anywhere he goes within habits similar to that of a regular CD or tape - he must go to great lengths.

With the exception, perhaps, of Apple making it super easy to burn mp3s onto CD's; us Mac Users are a small percentage of the consumer computing industry.

What I'm getting at is that your ``average'' user is ignorant to the concept of taking the songs they've downloaded and turning them into a portable format (nay CD Audio, etc).

In order to truely stop the madness, they'd need to ban mp3s all together, or the ability to make them easily from CD tracks and what not. THIS will most likely not happen.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Yeah I know its a long shot that the RIAA has, I mean they haven't released any new usernames or IP's for people to sue so the 80/day aint gonna work unless they go like 160.1/every alternating day

For here on out.

Comeon, suing your best customers isn't the right thing to do.

I saw matrix reloaded when it came out, then again another time, but I liked it so much that I wanted to see it again, but I was broke, so you know what, I downloaded it.

Does that make is a horrible person?

I say no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.