PDA

View Full Version : 17" PB Problem/Complaint - WAKE UP!

bellis1
Jul 30, 2003, 06:43 AM
I have a problem with my 17" PB and need to know if other people have the same problem. Occasionally I run the battery down to 0% and the system goes into a forced sleep mode; however, for the life of me I cannot get it back out of that sleep mode. I can plug it into the wall at that point and cannot wake it back up. I can even hold down the power button and it will not restart. It just stares back at me with the breathing light. Even if I remove the battery and replace it has no result. The only solution is to remove the battery completely and then sit and wait while the internal battery drains down all the way. And then I can power it back up but then I need to reset the time and date. Such an annoyance when it happens. Am I missing something and does anyone else have this problem? And just as a side note is there any program or script available that will go online get the time/date and do it for me. It is just such an annoyance.

jzieske
Jul 30, 2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by bellis1
And just as a side note is there any program or script available that will go online get the time/date and do it for me. It is just such an annoyance.

In your System Prefrences under date and time one of the Tabs is Network Time (or something like that) if you select that it will go get the time form the net.

As for the sleep issue I am not sure, still waiting to order new PB.

filipp
Jul 30, 2003, 09:46 AM
Sounds weird to me, when you plug in the power, you can press any key or something and the laptop should wake up right away, if id does not, try reinstalling osx, if that does not help, you will sure get i fixed on warranty

/ filipp