Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChePibe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
As I noted before in another post, I purchased a 64 bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium.

Yes, I know. That was stupid of me. I shall now repent.

I would like to sell the DVD, but there's one big problem - it's a System Builders version, meaning it can only register to one computer.

Now, perhaps I'm completely off my rocker, but it seems to me that since the 64 bit version of windows has absolutely zero support for Apple's networking devices there is no possible way that this DVD has been activated on my compter, leaving it open to register on any other computer. In addition to that, the only wireless network in range is my own, which does not broadcast its SSID and is password protected, making it difficult for Vista to connect to the internet on its own during the installation. I never could get the network card drivers working, nor did I plug in a network cable.

Can I sell this DVD with a clear conscience that someone else will be able to activate it on his or her machine? My mind is telling me yes, but I want to be sure first.

Zer0

macrumors regular
May 22, 2007
If it has not yet been activated, then there should be an icon in the task bar (bottom right) which should show a message asking you to activate windows when you move your mouse cursor over it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.