PDA

View Full Version : Lost Locked Remote on ATV. Need to reset unit without remote...

netdog
Aug 3, 2007, 01:51 PM
Anybody know how to reset the ATV to default settings? I don't have the original remote which I had locked to it, and so I can't use any other Apple remotes to operate it until I restore ATV factory defaults. Help!

pjarvi
Aug 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
Press and hold "Menu" and "|<<" for 6 seconds to use any remote with the AppleTV (found this info on page 41 of the :apple:TV UserGuide on Apple's website.

sandman42
Aug 4, 2007, 09:33 AM
I was wondering what I was going to do when I inevitably lost that little bitty remote that I have paired with my :apple:TV. I'm glad to know I can use the one from my Macbook to unlock it. Thanks for the info!

kwood
Aug 4, 2007, 03:32 PM
Press and hold "Menu" and "|<<" for 6 seconds to use any remote with the AppleTV (found this info on page 41 of the :apple:TV UserGuide on Apple's website.

They do not have the remote.

Try turning the Apple TV on then off a few times, it should put it into automatic recovery mode.

Or if you have another Mac use the remote from it and hold menu and >>| to unpair the remote. Then you should be able to use any remote.