PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Case-mate Clip Pops Off

Lenow
Aug 3, 2007, 03:43 PM
I have formerly commented on how much I like the Case-mate signature case and clip. However, yesterday, after one month's usage, the plastic belt clip popped right off the back of the case. It is apparently just held in by glue under the leather. I called the company and they told me that have heard of this problem, but that I would have to return it to the ATT store where I bought it. The customer rep at Case-Mate said that they have a thirty warranty on their product, but hadn't decided if they would extend it for this problem. I told her that in my opinion, this was a serious design flaw and they have to both extend any warranty limitation and also change the design. So, beware. I still love the case and the holster (which I am now using until I get the clip fixed) but it does not bode will for longevity as currently designed.

attadj
Aug 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
Same thing happened to me with my ipod nano case. Very poor design that is unfixable. It will come off. I tried glueing it back on and it didn't work. Never going to get anything like that again.

ctakim
Aug 4, 2007, 03:25 AM
Interesting. I hope your iPhone is OK. I have this same case and after inspecting the clip system I concluded that it did not look too robust. But I liked the case's form factor so I am using an off brand camera case with a fixed leather belt loop to house the whole unit. It is a snug fit but in no way is this thing coming off my belt by accident.