PDA

View Full Version : iBook will not draw power from battery

maxterpiece
Aug 3, 2007, 08:51 PM
Hi,

I have an 14" iBook, 1.07 GHz and it won't use battery power. As soon as I unplug it it turns off. It worked fine until I opened it up and swapped in a DVD-RW and a new hard drive (the old one was failing). In the power section of system profiler it shows 98 load cycles and about a 75% remaining capacity. It may or may not be charging - I can't tell. The battery says it's fully charged at 95% and I have no way to drain it and see if it will recharge because the computer won't drink from the battery. I had another 14" iBook battery laying around that I thought worked, but now when I put it in this computer it just sits at 0% then eventually says the battery is dead (the menu icon shows an X through it).

What I'm wondering if anyone can tell me is, is there a chance htis is a software problem, and if not, assuming it's not a problem with the battery, what do I need to replace to get this computer to drink and possibly recharge battery power again?

I've tried resetting the PMU. That is it.

Thank you for your help.

maxterpiece
Aug 4, 2007, 07:47 AM
any help would be greatly appreciated. THis computer is on eBay right now and if I can't figure out what the deal is I'm going to have to cancel the auction...

edit: Actually I don't think it is charging. The battery is now down to 94%. Could it just be the piece that the battery contacts touch?

hermit
Aug 4, 2007, 10:33 AM
sounds like you got the same problem i had!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=336173