Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sotl

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Hello,

I hope someone can provide some help for this issue I'm having. I'm using bootcamp 1.3 drivers + Vista 32bit. On startup the brightness is at maximum. I can go one tick lower by hitting Fn+F1 (the smaller sun) and all is well. If I try going down one more tick my computer freezes each and every time so I only have 2 brightness settings. Luckily, the second to last tick is noticeably less bright than maximum so for the mean time it's not unbearable. I've formatted and reinstalled vista about 3 times now and didn't have this problem with bootcamp 1.2. It always occurs with 1.3, though.

adoptme

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2008
mac adjusting brightness on Vista

Solution: (Vista Ultimate)
Start >> Control Panel >> (Classic View) >> Boot Camp >> Brightness (tab)
Then: --Adjust Dim to Bright--

Good luck.

wgilles

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Why don't you try the boot camp 2.1 drivers. They are available on Apple's download page.

adoptme

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2008
Boot Camp 2.1

I tried to install Boot Camp 2.1 and it would not install properly, so the following solution might work for other people have the same problem as I did--however, upon reinstallation of the original Boot Camp discs that came with the OSX Leopard, all else worked.

Solution: (Vista Ultimate)
first try installing the new drivers from the Mac Support website, or try to reinstall the drivers on your original Mac OS X install disc 1 CD.

If that doesn't work, Dmitri has developed a beta 3.0 software that enables the keyboard backlight to work, and you would also be able to adjust the sensitivity too, which i thought was definitely a great feature:

link: http://dmitri.v.googlepages.com/macbooktraytools

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.