Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chelsel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
It seems that obtaining an ADC Select membership and purchasing a Mac (using the ADC discount) costs about the same as just purchasing a Mac outright except you also get ADC Select memership... am I misunderstanding something?

Also, as an ADC select member you can obtain the Leopard Early Access, correct? When the official Leopard release is made will you be able to get the official release at no additional charge?

Thanks,
Cliff.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Yes, as a Select member you will receive a copy of Leopard in the mail when it comes out. The hardware discount will really only be felt when you purchase a Mac Pro or Macbook Pro.

chelsel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Sounds like a good deal as I'm looking at another MBP... holding off until tomorrow for a possible update.

Cliff.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Sounds like a good deal as I'm looking at another MBP... holding off until tomorrow for a possible update.

Cliff.

ADC = good deal? Yes on MBP and MacPro.

MBP update tomorrow? Nope.

iMacs, minis, MacPro's are the likely candidates for updates tomorrow. Also likely is .Mac revision. Here's to hoping for new iPods but that is more likely after the back to school promotion ends in September.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.