Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewtypeCJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Seattle, WA
In a story today Walt Mossberg says:

The iPhone can now play music through many previously incompatible car adapters and other external speakers originally designed for the iPod.

Does this mean the iTrip and similar FM transmitters work? What works and what doesn't? I have an older iTrip that's not for the dock connector so I can't try my old one out on it, and I don't want to drop the $$$ for a new one if it's not going to work. I used to use my iPod + iTrip in the car all the time and I've been missing that combo since getting the iPhone. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance!

Slyce2k

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
I purchased the itrip and it does'nt work when hooked up via the dock port. I also tried the Monster version of the fm tuner and again, does'nt work via the dock port. I'm currently using the Monster v300. That works but it gets plugged in through the headphone jack. (with a little trimming of the plugs "end", to make it fit into the iphone, it works cool) Umm, i'm currently looking for the "Belkin" Tunecast AUTO to see if that works. That one hooks up through the dock port and supports Charging and audio....well see. (can't seem to find it locally though. They all have the tunecast II only....that's also only through the headphone port)

rriggs

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2007
I have an Airplay^2 but it doesn't work. Before the 1.0.1 update when I plugged it in it said it was an incompatible device. After the update it no longer says this, but it doesn't work either. :mad:

dcombe

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2007
Yes, I would like to know too

I was wondering if the Belkin Tunebase worked with it

HeavyC

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
The Belkin AV cable works (the one with the car charger and the line out). However, it would be nice if someone could provide a shielded cable that would block out all that GSM buzzing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.