Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Not trying to get anyone over excited or anything but just thought I would share this small piece of information.

Apple is giving me a maxed out 17" MBP SR, it is a long story.
Mark at Apple head quarters is the one who was taking care of the situation. And before I agreed on anything he mentioned that it would be shipped out right away and be overnighted.

After I made the agreement last Monday, 1 week ago, he said that It will ship in 1 to 2 weeks. But he would not state why.

I doubt that stock would have anything to do with my computer being delayed since it is a request from corporate and not a purchased one from a store. If stock was low I am sure they would make sure they got me one to get everything out of the way.

Although mark supposedly has some hierarchy in the company, I do not think he would know the exact date of the release or have the authority to state it, but I think he would at least have some idea of when new releases were coming out.

So possibly, just a thought, maybe he knew something was happening in the next 1-2 weeks. It could be some new MBP or as others have said it could just be a new iLife, or maybe Leopard early... haha ya I wish.

Just thought I would share to add to the speculation, I guess we will all see tomorrow!

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Not trying to get anyone over excited or anything but just thought I would share this small piece of information.

Apple is giving me a maxed out 15" MBP SR, it is a long story.
Mark at Apple head quarters is the one who was taking care of the situation. And before I agreed on anything he mentioned that it would be shipped out right away and be overnighted.

After I made the agreement last Monday, 1 week ago, he said that It will ship in 1 to 2 weeks. But he would not state why.

I doubt that stock would have anything to do with my computer being delayed since it is a request from corporate and not a purchased one from a store. If stock was low I am sure they would make sure they got me one to get everything out of the way.

Although mark supposedly has some hierarchy in the company, I do not think he would know the exact date of the release or have the authority to state it, but I think he would at least have some idea of when new releases were coming out.

So possibly, just a thought, maybe he knew something was happening in the next 1-2 weeks. It could be some new MBP or as others have said it could just be a new iLife, or maybe Leopard early... haha ya I wish.

Just thought I would share to add to the speculation, I guess we will all see tomorrow!

I doubt it. I've had several replacements in the past, via Corporate. They really don't know any more than the workstudy goon-salesmen trolling the Apple stores. Sure, they can put in an order for "expedited shipping," but if your BTO is coming from Shanghai, expect at least 1-2 weeks.h

Let's hope I'm wrong and that there is a silent update; reason suggests MWSF '08, or later in Feb '08, as the more likely update period.

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London

Apple is giving me a maxed out 15" MBP SR, it is a long story.

There will not be a new MBP, the end, why would apple release a new MBP when it was only upgraded 2 months ago? there's no new hardware (intel chips) coming out now that suggest a new MBP? so why do people constantly post stupid rumours with no evidence to suggest reasons why they think a new one is coming out? a delay is a delay, does not mean a new MBp is coming out, my MBP was delayed by 3 weeks - i didn't assume a new one was coming out straight after I bought it - the end of my rant

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
This is not a replacement, a BTO, or a order at all. This is a "we screwed up, please take this and others things to not bring us to court" So I highly doubt if it is taking 1-2 weeks it is because of stock. I am pretty sure if corporate wanted a MBP, they would get one when they wanted it and how they wanted it. And trust me they want this done and over with. And my release of reliability does not occur until I get it so the last thing they want to do is make me wait.

Now I personally do not think it will be a MBP update, just not likely. But there is some software such as iLife we could all hope for. And iLife is something that comes stock on a computer, so maybe they are waiting to put that on, who knows.

This is MacRumors...

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
There is absolutely no chance of an update tomorrow....a 12" version maybe but otherwise nothing.

myke323

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
new imacs tomorrow... no mbps, although that would be awesome seeing as i haven't bought one yet...

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
It can't be leopard, they would be sending out dev seeds more often and closer together than they have been. We would know if leopard was getting closer. I still think there are too many bugs for them to workout.

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Now I personally do not think it will be a MBP update, just not likely. But there is some software such as iLife we could all hope for. And iLife is something that comes stock on a computer, so maybe they are waiting to put that on, who knows.

This is MacRumors...

Wait a minute ... then why post, when you yourself say, "... do not think it will be a MBP update?"

Totally confused at the title/content of your original post. I think it's pretty much confirmed there will be NOTHING new.

Also, I certainly understand the corporate "screw-up, damage control" process. In the last 4 years, I've gotten multiple MBP replacements, and, for my trouble, a free iPod, free Final Cut SUITE, Airport Express, ilife, etc -- a collection of Apple jewels. I milked them and know the Apple CR procedures to a science.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
If you use the logic that a new product will be released every time there is a shipping delay, then shouldn't we have already seen a Rev B of the iphone by now? Up until a few days ago Apple's site showed a 2-4 week delay. So where is the new one???

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
This is not a replacement, a BTO, or a order at all. This is a "we screwed up, please take this and others things to not bring us to court" So I highly doubt if it is taking 1-2 weeks it is because of stock. I am pretty sure if corporate wanted a MBP, they would get one when they wanted it and how they wanted it. And trust me they want this done and over with. And my release of reliability does not occur until I get it so the last thing they want to do is make me wait.

This is MacRumors...

your post title is "another thing that points to new MBP's tomorrow"

start digging!

and agreed, software update may well be true.

I too agree, this is macrumors and has been rely helpful but some posts just are just macbul*sh*t

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Wait a minute ... then why post, when you yourself say, "... do not think it will be a MBP update?"

Totally confused at the title/content of your original post. I think it's pretty much confirmed there will be NOTHING new.

Also, I certainly understand the corporate "screw-up, damage control" process. In the last 4 years, I've gotten multiple MBP replacements, and, for my trouble, a free iPod, free Final Cut SUITE, Airport Express, ilife, etc -- a collection of Apple jewels. I milked them and know the Apple CR procedures to a science.

I am way past Apple CR that was months ago. And my issue was not a "trouble" is was illegal. It was illegal what they did to me and it was illegal what their third party repair center was doing. This is not something they would want to go public or it would cause problems. Being a stock holder I never had intentions on taking it public but was definitly going to reap
all the benefits to make me keep quiet. Were not talking about free iPods and software, were talking much bigger. Your knowledge of the ins and outs of apple's replacement program and CR is irrelevant.
personally I think a MBP update will not come tomorow but I was making a point to the other
people who thought this was possible.iLife i do find possible.

Edit: Please keep the OP in mind "don't get too excited"- I take some fault for this bc I put "new" instead of updated I think it is possible for updated. New iLife is an update to me because it will give me new and updated software in comparison to other MBP just bought

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
I am way past Apple CR that was months ago. And my issue was not a "trouble" is was illegal. It was illegal what they did to me and it was illegal what their third party repair center was doing. This is not something they would want to go public or it would cause problems. Being a stock holder I never had intentions on taking it public but was definitly going to reap
all the benefits to make me keep quiet. Were not talking about free iPods and software, were talking much bigger. Your knowledge of the ins and outs of apple's replacement program and CR is irrelevant.
personally I think a MBP update will not come tomorow but I was making a point to the other
people who thought this was possible.iLife i do find possible.

Edit: Please keep the OP in mind "don't get too excited"- I take some fault for this bc I put "new" instead of updated I think it is possible for updated. New iLife is an update to me because it will give me new and updated software in comparison to other MBP just bought

No, this would be an update in software, not hardware, so you can't say it would be an update to the MBP? because it isn't regardless of whether the mbp comes with it or not - I would change the title of your OP

GoxKok

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2007
I would very angry if new macbook pros came out tomorrow. So would thousands of other loyal apple users. Please tell my WHY would apple ever do that?

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
what would they update it too?

the only thing they could do would be to add a new BTO option for the WD 250GB/5400rpm drive.

2.4GHz is the fastest chip available from intel, Santa Rosa is the latest platform, wireless-n is the newest wireless, the 8600M GT is brand new.

What would they add/change?

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003

Well, my case was "illegal" too and wasn't a matter of dealing with first-level sales people but much higher up in Apple Corporate. Sure, you might think that my extra goodies, totaling thousands of dollars, was pocket change to you, but I'll take it any day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.