View Full Version : Ransom Note

Doctor Q
Aug 6, 2007, 12:04 PM
August 6, 2007

Apple Inc.
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

Dear Apple,

I demand that you announce 20" and 24" brushed-metal Penryn-based iMacs with a newly designed keyboard tomorrow. I also demand that you release new 20", 24", and 32" Apple displays with builtin iSights, plus a Mac Pro speed bump and new .Mac features.

If you don't do as I instruct, I will shave this mustache off, ruining my rugged yet sophisticated look, and you'll be sorry. Don't make me do it!

Sincerely,

Doctor Q

========

August 8, 2007

Apple Inc.
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

Dear Apple,

Your half-hearted attempt to meet my demands, by releasing new iMacs, a new keyboard, new .Mac features, and updates to iLife and iWork yesterday, wasn't good enough. You didn't take me seriously and now you'll have to face the consequences. I've done just as I threatened, mutilating myself in protest. I don't know how you'll live with yourself now.

As I face the shame of my new appearance, at least I'll know that without my action you would not have released any new products, so customers with new iMacs and software will have benefited.

Sincerely,

Doctor Q

========

Contest notes:
As an administrator, I am not eligible for the contest.
I had no inside information about Apple's plans.
Photos are real, taken August 6 and August 8.

Extra credit - not for contest.

Killyp
Aug 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
:D I'm sure you've got Apple quaking in their boots Q :D

mkrishnan
Aug 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
Without the mustache, will you be Doctor O?

Peace
Aug 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
:D I'm sure you've got Apple quaking in their boots Q :D

Man! I'M quaking in my boots!! :eek:

xUKHCx
Aug 6, 2007, 05:01 PM
You look legendary. I doubt apple would want to take the blame for ruining such a look. Your wishes will come true.

IJ Reilly
Aug 6, 2007, 05:10 PM
Without the mustache, will you be Doctor O?

More likely, he'd be Doctor Ow.

Doctor Q
Aug 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
If they don't bow to my demands, I'll be one slip away from this username, if not this one.

steamboat26
Aug 6, 2007, 06:36 PM
Not the 'stache :eek: NO!!!!

iPhil
Aug 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
Q: I think your close on  release items.. Well only 16 hours-30 mins to go 'til the event .. ;)

SkyBell
Aug 6, 2007, 09:15 PM
Could you find it in your heart to put "and update the mini and don';t discontinue it"?:D

Doctor Q
Aug 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
I've updated my first post. It now includes my second letter to Apple.

Just for Cassie, I arranged for the Mac mini to be continued.

I hope my mostly-nonviolent protest did some good. I now live in great fear of upper lip sunburn! :eek:

IJ Reilly
Aug 8, 2007, 11:29 AM
You were smiling more with the mustache than without. I do hope you will soon get over your loss. :)

skunk
Aug 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
I see you had to change your shirt to hide the bloodstains. Never mind, the first time is always a bit bloody.

mkrishnan
Aug 8, 2007, 11:56 AM
I think you went from looking rugged and sophisticated to youthful and sophisticated. :)

djstarrock
Aug 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
Not to be rude but in the first pic you kinda look like Mario.

Doctor Q
Aug 8, 2007, 02:00 PM
You were smiling more with the mustache than without.I smile all the time, even after being slashed by razors, but I knew I had to avoid my usual Alfred E. Neuman grin in order to give Apple an appropriately serious message. ;)

Luckily, Apple won't bother reading the rest of this thread, since they have other work to do. :cool:
Not to be rude but in the first pic you kinda look like Mario.Plumbers make lots of money (at least the one we call does). Perhaps I should have kept the Mario look for career reasons.

IJ Reilly
Aug 8, 2007, 03:31 PM
Maybe I should get my avatar to shave off his mustache.

On second thought, he's scary enough already. :eek:

Doctor Q
Aug 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
Some people were just meant to have mustaches. For example, without a mustache, Snidely Whiplash wouldn't be able to do his job:

http://www.dudley-do-right.com/images/0079.jpg
Image from dudley-do-right.com.

Genghis Khan
Aug 10, 2007, 05:38 AM
one of my friends surnames is qu (pronounced 'q')...is that yours as well?

but nice try:)