PDA

View Full Version : Belkin Tunebase FM for iPod work with iPhone?

dcombe
Aug 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Can anyone confirm if this will work for the iPhone? Or if you have to do the hack with it? Also, how does it sit in the cradle?

Any info would be helpful. Pictues would be great.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=257270

dcombe
Aug 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
Info on this.....anyone???

ccrobin
Dec 17, 2007, 11:24 AM
It does work great with the iPhone; however each time you connect it to the base the iPhone will give you a message asking if you want to put it into airplane mode to avoid interference. You can click no and it will work just fine (I have used it both in airplane mode and regular mode, and have noticed no difference between the two).

I really like this unit too, as it allows you to position the iPod where you can see it and have easy access. (It also charges the iPhone at the same time)

starkruzr
Dec 21, 2007, 01:24 AM
It does work great with the iPhone; however each time you connect it to the base the iPhone will give you a message asking if you want to put it into airplane mode to avoid interference. You can click no and it will work just fine (I have used it both in airplane mode and regular mode, and have noticed no difference between the two).

I really like this unit too, as it allows you to position the iPod where you can see it and have easy access. (It also charges the iPhone at the same time)

Every time I click up or down on the frequency, a screen pops up that says "accessory connected" and I have no way of determining what frequency it's actually *on*. Whatever signals it sends to iPods that tell it what frequency it's on are misinterpreted by the iPhone (and presumably, the iPod touch).