PDA

View Full Version : Does the Apple Radio Remote work after the update?

mcdj
Aug 6, 2007, 08:19 PM
Anyone try it after the update? I know it didn't work before...

Juvenile
Aug 7, 2007, 09:53 AM
I am also interested to know if the FM Remote works after the update.

jbomber
Aug 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
Nope.

I dunno what the problem is. I really find it annoying to have to constantly reach into my pocket to adjust the tracks or the volume, and the remote would be a perfect solution. C'mon apple. make it happen.

mcdj
Aug 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for checking.

waterskier2007
Aug 15, 2007, 08:55 AM
Nope.

I dunno what the problem is. I really find it annoying to have to constantly reach into my pocket to adjust the tracks or the volume, and the remote would be a perfect solution. C'mon apple. make it happen.

why do u have to reach into ur pocket? use the mic attached to the cord, although for volume it wont work. but normally i find a volume i like, and keep it there. i dont know why you would need to adjust it

jbomber
Aug 15, 2007, 06:21 PM
why do u have to reach into ur pocket? use the mic attached to the cord, although for volume it wont work. but normally i find a volume i like, and keep it there. i dont know why you would need to adjust it

The included earbuds don't fit in my ears so they're not an option for me. As for the volume, sometimes the noise on the street or on the subway gets louder than the original volume setting. Additionally some songs are just quieter than others and the volume needs to be adjusted. Hence the desire for a wired remote.

Wyvernspirit
Aug 16, 2007, 12:59 AM
I would like to have a remote (wireless would be great, but wired would be ok) and better choices for headphone/mic combos. I have seen a couple that are not apples. Apples is ok, but I get ear fatigue from them after about a half hour of use. I had been using the apple in-aer headphones on my iPod, and they worked well for me, but they are starting to fall apart and lack the mic.

Having the fm tuner may be good, but I don't listen to much radio when I have my ipod, even when its available, and so am not sure I care about that. I think it should be an option however, for those who do listen to radio.