Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ekenny

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2005
New York
Hi All,

My gf has had a MacBook C2D basic model since November last year. When she got it, I immediately upgraded the memory to 1.25GB using non-apple RAM.

Recently, firefox (version 2.0.0.5) has been rendering some pages funny, and was wondering if it was firefox, or if in fact, there was some type of video defect. Apparently, it only happens in firefox and only under certain web pages. I would think if it was the video that was going bad, that it would not show up in a screen shot. I have attached 2 images to this post to show you.

Thanks for any ideas,
e

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 56

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
I'd highly recommend you take it into an Apple store to have it looked at or call AppleCare to have a box sent to you to ship. I had a similar problem with my Aluminum Powerbook and the garbled video made it virtually unusable. After the screen was replaced, I had to send it in again to have a video cable replaced which rectified the problem. It is strange though that your problem seems to only arise from using Firefox. You're not able to replicate it using any other program?

snowmoon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Albany, NY
First I would try trashing and re-installing FF and flash... just to be sure that it's not firefox that's corrupted. You can also try turning off flash ( plugins ) to see if that affects the problem. After that it would take a quick trip to apple to get repaired.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.