Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rdethelightng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
HI all, I have a question that I've been trying to research and hoped that someone here would be able to answer it.

I recent purchased a new Macbook Pro which I will be taking back to school with me. Last semester I was using a windows based laptop and in order to connect to the schools wireless network (aside from it being auto detected) I had to set the preferred network to "SDEL_wireless" and then log in when the page loaded.

The schools CIS support page says they do not specifically support the mac operating system and I was wondering if it is also possible to do this on mac?

Any help would be appreciated.
Rdethelightng is offline Reply With Quote

guitarmaster18

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2007
Yes, Mac os X can connect to the latest Wi-Fi networks. There would be no reason that your computer could not connect to it. Wi-Fi is very standardised now, and the Mac os can connect to all standards (WPA, WPA2 Personal) , something that most PC's cannot do. So, the answer is yes, there is no reason that your computer could not connect to that network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.