PDA

View Full Version : DEC VT Virtual Keyboard.

jellomizer
Aug 7, 2007, 08:44 AM
I guess this is the best thread to ask... I normally don't do Mac (Coca) Programming but I usually use my Mac to connect to Unix and VMS boxes to do programming for those platforms. Unix I don't have an issue with. VMS on the other hand is more tricky the termininal.app is great at rendering the VT codes even the wide text which I was very surprised about. But what stops forces me to go into parallels and boot windows is the fact that the terminal application for windows offers me a DEC VT Virtual keyboard with such keys that are not on my Macbook Pro Such as DO, F13-F17, Find, Select, Prev, Next... Changing the apps to work with a more sane keyboard is not an option. It I know it is possible to map the keys in Terminal.app but I for one don't know off the top of my head all the commands it sends. and remembering 20 new hotkeys is not appealing for me. But if someone out there know of a virtual keyboard program that Supports the DEC VT keyboards or a language hack so I could the the Keyboard Viewer in OS X to give me a virtual DEC VT Keyboard, it would be great. And allow me to be less dependent on my Windows Parallels terminal emulator which has its own problems that OS X Terminal.app seems to fix.