PDA

View Full Version : Poindexter Resigns!

Backtothemac
Jul 31, 2003, 12:59 PM
Go to www.foxnews.com. It is breaking news!

Wow, good bye I say.

zimv20
Jul 31, 2003, 01:20 PM
sweet. he was scaring me.

patrick0brien
Jul 31, 2003, 01:41 PM
-<whew>

That man was probably the scariest man in the government for the last 25 years.

Very Orwellian attitude, J.Edgar Hoover paranoia and means to monitor for that paranoia, and damn good at staying quiet and out of the spotlight so as to keep doing what he was doing.

What scares me now is that there is no way he's out of the dark side of intel - it's not his style to quit. He's just leaving the spotlight again by resigning.

Where's he going? We won't know for a while.

I'm not worried about the civillian leadership, they have elections and term limits. It's these military lifers in intel positions that get me.

3rdpath
Jul 31, 2003, 04:20 PM
who said wishes don't come true.....:D

buh-bye...and don't let the screen door hit your butt on the way out poinzy.

zimv20
Jul 31, 2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 3rdpath
don't let the screen door hit your butt on the way out poinzy.

especially because, knowing darpa, it's one high-tech screen door.

patrick0brien
Jul 31, 2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by zimv20
especially because, knowing darpa, it's one high-tech screen door.

-zimv20

Yes, we all do owe DARPA a continual thanks for inventing the foundation of the Internet. (being serious here)

Sayhey
Jul 31, 2003, 09:17 PM
The real scary part is that the old Admiral was back in government and most of us didn't even know it. You'd think with his past maybe somebody would have had enough good sense not to bring him back!

pseudobrit
Jul 31, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-zimv20

Yes, we all do owe DARPA a continual thanks for inventing the foundation of the Internet. (being serious here)

And Al Gore for having the incredible foresight to see its potential and making sure it was allowed to continue development and spread to universities.

He's the perfect addition to Apple's board; he has a Jobs-like vision.

Sayhey
Aug 1, 2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by pseudobrit
And Al Gore for having the incredible foresight to see its potential and making sure it was allowed to continue development and spread to universities.

He's the perfect addition to Apple's board; he has a Jobs-like vision.

As much as I agree with you, I think he would have made an even better addition to the White House around January 2001.

pseudobrit
Aug 1, 2003, 12:17 AM
Yes, that vision might have resulted in a president who doesn't answer most questions by starting with the phrase, "these are bad people."