PDA

View Full Version : iTrip banned in UK

MacBytes
Jul 31, 2003, 01:44 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: iTrip banned in UK (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/32098.html)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Sun Baked
Jul 31, 2003, 01:47 PM
Use an iTrip in the UK and face prosecution as a pirate radio station. :eek:

Wonder how the FM-band CD players for cars and the satellite Radio add-on systems get around it. :confused:

edesignuk
Jul 31, 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked

Wonder how the FM-band CD players for cars and the satellite Radio add-on systems get around it. :confused:
Can't say I've ever seen one, all I have ever seen over here are casette adapters :(

TwitchOSX
Jul 31, 2003, 02:03 PM
Why did they bastardize my entry? I submitted this link with a funny title. They should let the titles go that are funny to attract people to read the article. Like www.fark.com. Anywa. the title is gay now =(

Jerry Spoon
Jul 31, 2003, 02:44 PM
Un-freakin-believable. That's what happens when laws don't keep up with technology.

MacManDan
Jul 31, 2003, 02:58 PM
I am going to venture to say not to feel too bad, UK'ers .. in my experience, radio broadcast devices (like the iTrip) work horribly. Abolutely terrible :( Use a casette adapter or something instead. The quality's better (and you don't have to fuss with trying to find a clear station and positioning the antenna sufficiently close to your car's antenna to even be able to listen to something that resembles your music). Mileage may vary though, I guess..

Of course, it's the IDEA behind this banning that's really amazing (and stupid, IMHO) ...

pretentious
Jul 31, 2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TwitchOSX
Why did they bastardize my entry? I submitted this link with a funny title. They should let the titles go that are funny to attract people to read the article. Like www.fark.com. Anywa. the title is gay now =(

It was my submission, I thought it was simple and secrete enough for people to click upon and find out why.
But since you say so I guess the title is just gay, and I guess I'm gay now too, since I submitted it.

So for future referance, may I ask what was your title? So that I may know how not to be so gay, in your opinion.

arn
Jul 31, 2003, 03:13 PM
There were two submissions of the same link. This one was first.

arn

TwitchOSX
Jul 31, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ahh.. sorry bud. Didnt mean to call it gay.. .. only called it gay because I thought they took mine and edited it. Mine was eh..i dont remember.. some remark about it being banned because of a law made in 1946 or whatever.. which should have nothing to do with **** now days. Was kind of funny I thought.

bennetsaysargh
Aug 2, 2003, 05:13 PM
thaqt sucks. they need to update tat law.