Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
1)I plan to start doing Photography Semi-Professionally in the near future after I buy my MacBook\MacBook Pro,
But I am worried if I get the MacBook, if it will display my photographs as crisp and clear as the MacBook Pro would.
If for some odd reason you want to know what camera I will be using for this "Semi Professional" photography, it will be the Nikon D50 :rolleyes:

2)I would also like to know if there are some cheap laptop stands, that would fit the MacBook pro, that I can use on my lap, and by cheap I mean no more than $20

3)I currently have a 500gb of Ram, 2.93ghz PC, I have been fairly happy with it, although it is pretty slow when opening applications, and stuff like that, and I was wondering if a 1gb memory, 2x2.16ghz, MacBook would be much different, and should I upgrade to 2gb?

Please note that this isn't a thread on which I should get, so don't go off saying that I should get this.

A couple more quick questions,

4)Does the MacBook get hot enough, to the point where I don't want it on my lap anymore? Or is the heat with a MacBook not that bad... unlike the MacBook Pro

5)When I buy my MacBook, what will be inside the box? (As far as iLife) will iLife come in it's regular box, as if I just bought it from the store, just it will be inside the MacBook box? Or will it just be the CD...

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
iLife will be on the system install discs not in an off the store shelf box. It'll already be loaded on your computer.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
No there's no iLife box or dedicated iLife CD that'll be in the box with the computer. iLife is integrated with the system install discs.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
1) The Macbook can display photos just as good as the MBP.

2) I don't think there are any stands that come that cheap.

3) Definitely 2GB.

4) The Macbook does get hot, but not really hot. It's fine.

5) You'll get iLife discs and Tiger. Check on the Apple website. It has a list of everything that comes in the box.

Tumeg101

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Orange County, California
1) The Macbook can display photos just as good as the MBP.

2) I don't think there are any stands that come that cheap.

3) Definitely 2GB.

4) The Macbook does get hot, but not really hot. It's fine.

5) You'll get iLife discs and Tiger. Check on the Apple website. It has a list of everything that comes in the box.

Finally someone who can answer my questions, thank you very much!!
And do you think I could stand using 1gb of ram for a few weeks, because after I buy my MB I wont have any extra cash so it will be a while before I can get the ram

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
1)

iLife will be on the System Install discs not a retail version of iLife.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
And do you think I could stand using 1gb of ram for a few weeks, because after I buy my MB I wont have any extra cash so it will be a while before I You'll be fine - if you'll be running something like Photoshop continously, you'll very glad when you do install more though!

MaddieBrad

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
New York City
I do portraiture photography.

I wouldn't suggest getting a macbook if you intend to do post processing on your macbook. I say this because the glossy screen on the macbook will interfere with your image. The glossy screen over saturates colors, contrast, hues, etc. Pictures look good, but not accurate. (Unless of course you are using a external monitor of course.) I am not saying that the macbook pro screens are perfect, but if they are matte you will be closer to the "real" image. Any good photographer will tell you that you need an external monitor that has been calibrated using a huey or likewise for accurate color reproduction.

I say invest the extra money into a macbook pro. Especially if your working with raw files.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.