Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I just received my MBP today and its currently updating all the software but i'm wondering what some of the problems were on other MBPs so I can check and make sure I dont have them before I get using it too much. I know someone is going to say "dont go looking for problems" but I want to check the problems that have been coming up a lot recently because if the problem is in something i dont often use i might get 2 or 3 months down the road and then realize theres a problem. I dont have the yellow screen and my airport is updating right now so i'll see if that works alright. what are some of the other problems? Thanks!

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Most likely there won't be anything wrong. What you see on the forums are people who have problems and people who aren't having problems don't post about it. Enjoy the MBP, it's an excellent computer.

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Yellow screen seems to be the problem that gets all the attention. If you don't have it, click your heels while jumping. :p

BilboBaggins

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2007
Most likely there won't be anything wrong. What you see on the forums are people who have problems and people who aren't having problems don't post about it. Enjoy the MBP, it's an excellent computer.

I too would like to know if there are other common problems to check for so I can exchange just it in case. This way I wont be another one of the few people who have problems with their MBP and post it online.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
umm i didnt have any problems with my new mbp 2.4ghz...
once i got it i check the yelowing screen and the superdrive thats it.
its all perfect!

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
Bought mine last night a tint of yellow.....dont look at it next to a macbook
1059907015_0b6d23bfef_o.jpg

Sic

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Southampton UK
I think that's more of a screen calibration thing isn't it? They're a different type of LCD, so they might require a calibrating in a different way. There was an app you could use to calibrate the screen to a better degree than OSX's in-built one - can anyone jog my memory as to the app's name?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.