PDA

View Full Version : funky Pro mouse

holy MAC!
Aug 1, 2003, 05:28 PM
hi all,
im posting concerning my pro mouse.

it works,

but sometimes.. it dies on me... and it doesn't show any light at all.

then it flickers in this pattern:
for those of you who know morse code:

. _ _ _ (it makes a J)

and it repeats that pattern....

i mean.. it works fine most of the time....

do any of you have any suggestions? or also any personal experiences regarding this problem?

and also...

it would occasionally freeze.

also (i don't have applecare, so i can't take this in) ....

Gus
Aug 1, 2003, 06:11 PM
Do you have it connected to a hub, or a USB card, or is it a buit-in USB port? What OS are you running? What machine do you have?

Sorry, but this info will help.

Regards,
Gus

Mblazened
Aug 1, 2003, 06:36 PM
pro mice are, frankly, bad mice. I see them break all the time with normal use.

its broken
get a new one

if its under warranty they will just replace it

holy MAC!
Aug 1, 2003, 06:50 PM
it's plugged directly into the keyboard (i can't see anything broken with the plug)

im running jaguar 10.2.6

<edit>

i am running a quicksilver 800mhz (no L3)

the mouse is plugged into the keyboard, which is plugged into the monitor

</edit>

5300cs
Aug 1, 2003, 11:18 PM
sound like the problem I was having back in June...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28633&highlight=pro+mouse

I couldn't find my warranty card :mad: so I ended up just buying a new one. Now it's called "Mouse", and it was a little bit cheaper. If this one dies though, I'm never buying an Apple mouse again. 3 strikes and you're out, you know?

thebossisback
Aug 2, 2003, 05:50 AM
Funny that you menchion it because just yesterday my eMac pro mouse started to jumo around alot. it has always been on the same surface so i know surface isnt the issue. I though they should be pretty good because in Apple system profiler it says it is made by logitech

visor
Aug 2, 2003, 03:49 PM
look at them, feel them, take the one you like best. It will be a fantastic mouse that is not likely to quit on you.

While i've never seen a good apple mouse, the ablosutely worst was made by apple.
It was that incredibly stupid green completely round thing that i couldn't even hold for 2 minutes straight. Since the ball was dirty, it didn't even work right :rolleyes:

mnkeybsness
Aug 2, 2003, 04:07 PM
this was originally a problem with the pro mouse having shoddy wiring. once it was determined as the cause of this problem, more insulation was placed in the cord. it really didn't do the trick all that well...

...but be careful, because when this happened to me the first time, my bad pro mouse shorted out the usb hub in my keyboard. i didn't know it until after apple sent me a new mouse and the thing would just not work when plugged into the keyboard.

when apple replaced my mouse, they accidently mailed 2 brand new pro mouses to me. so i have a backup if it ever happens again.