Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2003
Anyone know where I can get just the bare driver from the Apple pro speakers, soundsticks, or creature speakers? They are among the highest quality for such a small device.

I want to add some low powered internal speakers to my PC. It's a shuttle SB61G that's kind of a G4 cube knockoff, but about the same size as the entire cube if you include the base. Hence, it has a little extra space inside. I just want to put those speakers in for low volume, low quality sound when I'm not using headphones or whatever. I feel like my keyboard, mouse, and monitor cables are already too much...

Thanks in advance.

legion

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
I think he was referring to a "speaker" driver, not a screwdriver. As for where to source one, I'd just buy one of the speakers you mentioned and strip the speaker driver out.

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by Daveman Deluxe
Navy was telling acj to get the screwdrivers to disassemble the speaker to get at the driver.

Thanks Dave, apparently some people still take apart Apple Pro Speakers with their teeth. Either that or legion was just trying to act smarter than everyone else... and failed.

acj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2003
Well, I do prefer my teeth.

However, I was hoping I could find just the part. Often times the drivers cost pennies compared to the final product. For example, you can buy the drivers found in the bose 901 speakers for $5. Bose charges a couple grand for the speaker.

I might just have to resort to spending real money at ebay.

Thanks for your help though.

By the way, don't buy Bose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.