Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christall109

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Guys,

For a couple months now when I shutdown my MacBook Pro it will stay off for about thirty seconds and then turn on again. Just for clarity I did choose shutdown..not restart.

Other interesting symptoms:
It stays off when the power cord is NOT plugged in.
It only seems to happen when the power cord is plugged in.
Even with the lid shut it will come on and go to sleep..and when i open it up it is at the Mac OSX system starting up page.

Any help would be great. Any of you had this similar issue?
Thanks in Advance

pianos101

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2006
Philly Area
Interesting. I had this EXACT same problem back in June, with my MBP that I got last May. I also to send that notebook in about 5 times during the past year and half, so instead of dealing with the issue I spoke to Apple corporate and got that MBP replaced. About a month later the SAME THING started happening. I brought it in to be serviced, and after 2 weeks (and I think one of the Genius' messed it up more) they replaced that replacement notebook.

Anyway, I never figured out why that was happening, but my advice is send it in (hopefully it's still under warranty).... good luck...

christall109

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks.

I've also sent it in a few times, one for the screen inverted issue, and once for an optical drive failure. Yea it is still under warranty. Actually it is for another two years. So no problems there. Oyea and I had the issue with the battery update a few months ago.

I'm a student so I really heavily on my MBP, so I guess I'll bring it in Thanksgiving or Christmas break.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.