PDA

View Full Version : This is for Arn & the MacRumors team

PAC2007
Aug 10, 2007, 11:00 AM
I just want to say a big thanks to you guys here at macrumors.

I've been a reader for a number of years, not as many as some but as a new mac user this site itself is the No. 1 for me for relative news about Apple.

I noticed you said Arn that you were not invited to the press release for the new iMac? I dont know if thats because of the removal of the leaked iPod UI.

Regardless of that issue, to me, this site is the best because it sources material from every corner of the mac community and presents it in one place for us folk to read and ponder.

I particularly relate to the release of the iMac, and even though you were not invited, you still made a point of helping viewers navigate to another site(s) for upto date info on the release.

Having said all that, you guys still gave a very clear summary of that days events and again made it easy for viewers to digest. Which I checked upon a few hours after the whole event.

Why I'm creating this post is just to say a big thanks for ALL of your hard work over the past years, and more recent months (iphone etc.). This site, the forum is number one in my book. Keep up the good work and give yourself a pat on the back.

Craig.

:)

Doctor Q
Aug 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the nice words, Craig. Feedback (both good and bad) from our members guides how we run MacRumors.

Lack of a press invitation rarely hampers our ability to give you the news. When we're at an event in person, we can provide a live running report and live photos, but either way we get you the news within minutes.

Grimace
Aug 10, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'd like to extend that verbal thanks with an invitation for readers to invest a small amount of money into MacRumors.

$25 gets you a lot of cool things:
1. No ads
2. Private forums
3. Demi-god moniker
4. Sense of ownership in the best Mac site out there.

Seriously, $25 is worth it to help keep this site running smoothly.

PlaceofDis
Aug 10, 2007, 03:56 PM
they do a great job. and i applaud their hard work. :)

thank you go Arn and the mods and everyone. :D

Heb1228
Aug 10, 2007, 03:57 PM
Agreed, the MR crew does an extraordinary job of providing news, info, and a very useful online community.

psycoswimmer
Aug 10, 2007, 08:36 PM
MacRumors is amazing. End of story. :)

FredAkbar
Aug 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
Good work Grimace, you convinced me :).

Grimace
Aug 11, 2007, 07:34 PM
Good work Grimace, you convinced me :).

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm not on commission :p

Seriously, as the reader base grows [think capacity], it really helps to have user support to add more RAM to the servers (done in the past month) or more hard drives etc. to keep expanding.

It's a personal choice, but I think it's a very worthwhile one. If you check the site more than 3 times a day...I think that deserves a contribution :D

philbeeney
Aug 13, 2007, 10:20 PM
I'd like to extend that verbal thanks with an invitation for readers to invest a small amount of money into MacRumors.

$25 gets you a lot of cool things:
1. No ads
2. Private forums
3. Demi-god moniker
4. Sense of ownership in the best Mac site out there.

Seriously, $25 is worth it to help keep this site running smoothly.

You silver tongued devil you. Are you in Sales.? :p

So much so that I am now a macrumors Demi-God. Definately worth $25. :D

ghall
Aug 13, 2007, 10:24 PM
I wish I had $25 to spare right now. I'd love to contribute to MR. These forums are my new home. :eek:

Grimace
Aug 13, 2007, 10:49 PM
You silver tongued devil you. Are you in Sales.? :p

So much so that I am now a macrumors Demi-God. Definately worth $25. :D

Used to work for :apple: - now in university fundraising! :p

FredAkbar
Aug 13, 2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks! Don't worry, I'm not on commission :p
That's 2 people you've convinced in this thread alone, you and arn should think about it...

edit: just noticed gotzero has made the leap (see below), that's 3. Yay MR!

gotzero
Aug 13, 2007, 11:36 PM
This makes me feel like a complete idiot, but where is the donation page?

This place has helped me so much when I took the plunge and converted to Macs, both years ago for audio only, and late last year when I decided to go full tilt. Both the admins and the users, thanks so much!

WildCowboy
Aug 13, 2007, 11:44 PM
This makes me feel like a complete idiot, but where is the donation page?

Click Me (http://forums.macrumors.com/payments.php)

It's accessible through your "User CP" link near the top left of the page. In the left sidebar of that page, near the bottom, is a link called "Paid Subscriptions".

FredAkbar
Aug 13, 2007, 11:46 PM
gotzero: hah, no worries, I couldn't find it either :). I kind of went a roundabout way but eventually got there.

gotzero
Aug 13, 2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks!

ReanimationLP
Aug 14, 2007, 01:47 AM
I'd love to donate when I have the spare fundage.

Does MR take anything other than PayPal?

Doctor Q
Aug 14, 2007, 02:19 AM
Does MR take anything other than PayPal?Sorry, no. But if you have a friend or relative who uses PayPal, you could pay them however you like and then have them pay for your MacRumors membership. In other words, membership payments to MacRumors must be by PayPal, but it doesn't have to come from your email address as long as you start from the Paid Subscriptions link in your User Control Panel.

MacNut
Aug 14, 2007, 04:03 AM
Are we gonna have to give Grimace commission or a company car.:p

dmw007
Aug 14, 2007, 06:04 AM
MacRumors is amazing. End of story. :)

Agreed, MR is indeed a great place. Arn and the mods do a great job keeping everything running smoothly. :)

bennyboi
Aug 16, 2007, 06:33 PM
If you check the site more than 3 times a day...I think that deserves a contribution :D

Yikes. I better cough up soon. I think I owe you my firstborn.