Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pani

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago
Is there somewhere online to go to make a picture smaller so it will fit a message board specification? There is this one board I have been on forever, but I can't put my pic up because it is too many pixels. Not even sure what a pixel is, to me it sounds like something one would name a hamster or gerbil. I don't have a digital camera and the two pics I have on my computer I got totally by chance. I don't want to buy any software program because it really isn't my thing. I just want to put my pic up in one specific place because many of those posters know me, they just dont realize it. Thanks!

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
1) You could host it on Imageshack.us and link it to your board.

2) You get get a program like ImageWell that easily resizes it yourself and then upload it.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Sure, go here.

You could also post your pic here and tell us what size you need.

Pani

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Chicago
You Rock!

Thank you all very much!
You folks really ROCK! I tried the site suggested by RDowns and it worked beautifully. Who knew it was that simple. Wonder how many other tech things I am missing out on cause they are alot easier than I thought they would be!!!

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
On a side note, if you had an apple computer your software bundle would have included 'Preview', and 'iPhoto' which have very capable and simple to use photo editing tools.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.