PDA

View Full Version : AOL 9.0 Features... but Mac users won't see it until next y...

MacBytes
Aug 4, 2003, 01:44 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: AOL 9.0 Features... but Mac users won't see it until next year. (http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/business/6448650.htm)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Nermal
Aug 4, 2003, 02:55 AM
At $23/mo for dialup, I don't see how AOL has any customers at all! I don't know what prices are like in the US, but I wouldn't pay more than $12 for a dialup account.

Jerry Spoon
Aug 4, 2003, 07:30 AM
Does anyone here even use AOL? I see the users here as pretty tech-intelligent overall, and I can't see why someone would pay that amount for dial-up...and on top of that, I personally hate the interface. I don't know many mac users that have much good to say about AOL.

mrsebastian
Aug 4, 2003, 12:02 PM
who needs hell-O-L?!?! if you're just getting started on the internet and don't have the know how, i could see aol being useful. other than the beginner, why use an out-dated service that's way over-priced?!

grapes911
Aug 4, 2003, 02:18 PM
I am very new to mac, but I have aol dsl for my home network. It is just as good as anything else out there. I checked prices and I would pay about the same for any other high speed connection I could get. I pay $21.95 (for basic aol) + 19.95 (for dsl service from aol). Aol even gave me a free modem. And when that modem was about a year old, they sent me a updated modem, once again free.

This only draw back is that I have to sign on to aol to get an internet connection. I sign myself on and then minimize aol. I use mozilla for a browser and never touch aol again. I am signed on for weeks at a time and windows usually needs to be restarted before I aol disconnects.

I still can't get aol to work on mac though. I need a copy of the aol plus for osx. I just can't find it. I hear it will be out soon.

MrMacMan
Aug 4, 2003, 09:36 PM
Yay Another Version Back!

W00t go AOL SUPPORT and Devolpment.

I'm on their Beta team, listen to me, each of their versions is no better then the next.

grapes911
Aug 5, 2003, 06:43 PM
MrMacman,

is the newest beta have the "plus" in it?