PDA

View Full Version : Dock problem Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

waynepixel
Aug 4, 2003, 11:01 AM
My dock will not resize anymore any ideas to why this might be.

Have you had this problem.?

I am on 10.2.6 G4 700mb ram.

mrjamin
Aug 4, 2003, 11:27 AM
Have you installed any of that APE crap? that seems to be more trouble than its worth. If you have, try disabling it all, if not then sorry mate, i can't help.

waynepixel
Aug 4, 2003, 11:42 AM
hi mate

ya I do have some APE crap installed on my systerm. Windowshade.

Any idear how to uninstall this app.

F*@k if I now.???:mad:

mrjamin
Aug 4, 2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by waynepixel
hi mate

ya I do have some APE crap installed on my systerm. Windowshade.

Any idear how to uninstall this app.

F*@k if I now.???:mad:

urm - i dunno tbh - can you not just uncheck the APE stuff thats in use in System Prefs in the APE panel?

simX
Aug 4, 2003, 06:47 PM
While APE can indeed cause problems, I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that APE is definitely the cause here.

Do you have too many icons in your Dock (like I often have)? If so, your Dock may just be chock full of icons so it can't make them any bigger/smaller.

Of course, this rarely is the case, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Would you mind providing a picture of your Dock just so we can make sure there aren't any obvious problems?

mrjamin
Aug 4, 2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by simX
While APE can indeed cause problems, I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that APE is definitely the cause here.

Do you have too many icons in your Dock (like I often have)? If so, your Dock may just be chock full of icons so it can't make them any bigger/smaller.

Of course, this rarely is the case, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. Would you mind providing a picture of your Dock just so we can make sure there aren't any obvious problems?

damn good point. a screenie would be helpful. sometimes problems are blatantly obvious to the person who doesn't use the computer a lot; similarly with programming when you're getting some darned error that seems to be coming from nowhere...

simX
Aug 4, 2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by mrjamin
similarly with programming when you're getting some darned error that seems to be coming from nowhere...

Arg, that is so true, and I hate that phenomenon *SO* much. Sometimes it's blatantly obvious to even yourself a day later or something -- sometimes I go to bed with an annoying problem in my code, and then the next time I try to tackle it, it's like... um HELLO, it's right THERE.

But I suppose that's off-topic. Sorry. :p