PDA

View Full Version : iPods Returning to Target Stores

TEG
Aug 4, 2003, 02:08 PM
This Morning, I saw something interesting durring the Morning news of Fox 12 Oregon. It was a typical Target Commercial. Except, it zoomed in on the side pocket of a skateboarders shorts and there was a 3G iPod. It appears that soon iPods will be returning to Target Stores.

On Target's Website it says the 15GB and 30GB are web only, and only the 15GB appears to be instock.

iPod on Target.com (http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_pgc_c_4_0/601-9972499-0412901?node=3429721)

TEG

applemacdude
Aug 4, 2003, 04:12 PM
I cought the commercial halfway and I thought it was an Apple commercial but then the Target logo came up. I went to target yesterday but there was no ipods. I asked one of the empolyees and he saif that they are coming in september.

idea_hamster
Aug 4, 2003, 04:34 PM
My impression of Target has always been that it is (or tries to be) a bit of a cut above other all-things stores, like WalMart. More importantly, it does carry a modest selection of electronics priced in the iPod's range (photo, video, etc.), so I think that the iPod will not be out of place is this mass-market-directed store. This can only help the bottom line.

Sayhey
Aug 4, 2003, 04:42 PM
Best Buy and now Target, hope Circuit City is next.:)

TEG
Aug 4, 2003, 05:59 PM
To tell you the truth, I hope Apple doesn't go back to Circuit City. There, the sales people get a huge commission for selling the little thing, and never had a commission for selling Apple HW that's part of the reason the deal ended last year.

I'd actually like to see iPods and even i/eMacs Radio Shack stores (Or Radio Shaq for those who saw that commercial). Meijer (for the Mid-west US), Fred Meyer (For the west), and other sort of multi-department stores. It would really boost the image.

-Minor Rant-
It would be nice is other Electronic/Computer stores started selling Apple equipment, Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, Future Shop, Fry's, etc. I feel like I just want to take to Alienware, HPs, and Compaqs and toss them on the floor and stomp on them for hours. I mean really for more that 3 years stores sold Dreamcasts, even they stopped production after only 6 months. Why can't these stores cary something that will break the monontiny in the World?
-/Minor Rant-

TEG

Flowbee
Aug 4, 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by TEG

-Minor Rant-
...I feel like I just want to take to Alienware, HPs, and Compaqs and toss them on the floor and stomp on them for hours...
-/Minor Rant-

*Minor* rant? :confused: :p

KCK
Aug 4, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TEG
To tell you the truth, I hope Apple doesn't go back to Circuit City. There, the sales people get a huge commission for selling the little thing, and never had a commission for selling Apple HW that's part of the reason the deal ended last year.

TEG

didn't Circuit City change the way it pays their salespeople? I seem to remember reading that CC switch from commission basis to straight salary. I know I went to a CC shortly after reading this and couldn't get any salespeople to help me out. I ended up making my purchase from the Good Guys store across the street.

Peyote
Aug 4, 2003, 07:43 PM
iPods are already for sale at Circuit City's website.

applemacdude
Aug 4, 2003, 09:19 PM
At every single Best Buy, Sears, Circuit City, and all those stores I alter the screen saver that lets you see text to Windows sucks visit apple.com, once a damn sears employee kicked me out of their ****en store. I went to the same damn store and umplugged every single of their sucky pc ( compaqs that r like 1.5 years old) without them noticing. Their electrnic section is so pathetic that they have palms without the security thing and anybody could take em. Eve worse pocket pcs. The video game consoles dont even work and the laptop thats displayed has a big crack on the lcd...