PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates is dead!!!

The Reaper
Aug 5, 2003, 11:39 AM
ok, i have no idea what's going on here. what's your take on this? here's 2 articles that basically said the same thing.

Link 1 (latimes) (http://www.latimes.com@209.61.162.98/news/front/20000420/t000012986.html)

Link 2 (msnbc) (http://www.msnbc.com@209.61.162.98/1999/news/837268.html)

obviously, this must be fake, but i never heard about it. maybe some of you have.

MacBoyX
Aug 5, 2003, 11:44 AM
It's a hoax. when you click on the link it doesnt even really take you to MSNBC. It takes you to a IP Address and further proof is that when you click on the MSNBC logo, it's a page not found. as do the links on the latimes page.

Further more, the story says he was killed in 1999, umm in 4 years i think someone would have heard about this.

MacBoyX

tjwett
Aug 5, 2003, 11:48 AM
wasn't this stuff made for that movie about the asassination of Bill Gates?
the movie:
http://www.nothingsostrange.com/

Abstract
Aug 5, 2003, 12:13 PM
So he's not dead!! Why did you get my hopes up!! :mad:

Powerbook G5
Aug 5, 2003, 12:30 PM
Damn, not only is it another product-less Tuesday, but now this! I'm starting to dislike Tuesdays...too many hopes crushed

Eniregnat
Aug 5, 2003, 01:23 PM
As funny as this is, it';s wrong. I think that this is the same site/person that had a fake CNN article dealing with raceism. I got several emails about that one. CNN eventualy had that page removed. It's ok to spoof an article or news source, just don't pass it off as fact.

To many sheep use the internet.

Bahhh!

http://209.61.162.98/
You are entering the experimental space of the Radiation Group, a collaberative cyberspace co-op. The Radiation Group serves as an extended network of cyberspace designers and artists exploring mutual metaphors for mutant media.

The server is hosted through www.Rackspace.com which may or may not be the owner of the name. (Perhaps ownership via proxy)

MrMacMan
Aug 5, 2003, 05:55 PM
What did you expect for an article that aint in Current Events Forums... its a fake.

MetallicPenguin
Aug 5, 2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah for a second you got my hopes up there!

tjwett
Aug 5, 2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by MetallicPenguin
Yeah for a second you got my hopes up there!

jesus christ guys, are you serious? yeah, Windows sucks and everything but surely you all can't actually be happy that someone would be dead, right? i know it's just a fake but some of your replies sound a bit morbid. wishing death on innocent people is nuts. forgive me if i'm missing any undertones of humor here. and don't mistake me for being some "politically correct" hippie or anything like that.

ColdZero
Aug 5, 2003, 09:45 PM
Yea the amount of posts like that is kind of disturbing. Even if it is ment in jest.

funkywhat2
Aug 5, 2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MacBoyX
It's a hoax. when you click on the link it doesnt even really take you to MSNBC. It takes you to a IP Address and further proof is that when you click on the MSNBC logo, it's a page not found. as do the links on the latimes page.

Further more, the story says he was killed in 1999, umm in 4 years i think someone would have heard about this.

MacBoyX

Are you so sure? The Pope may look alive, but if you watch closely, he's just a puppet on a string. Why do you think nobody gets to see the inside of the PopeMobile? It's because the Pope in that plexiglass shroud is a FAKE!

Horrortaxi
Aug 5, 2003, 11:11 PM
Bill Gates really did die. In fact, he went to heaven. He got right through the pearly gates and when he met St. Peter he told him he expected a much longer wait considering how many people must die each day--the volume would be hard to keep up with. Pete told him that they had a really great network which helps them process the new people. Bill said "I know all about computers, can I see it?" St. Peter took Bill Gates to see the computers and they were all new model Power Macs. Gates was stunned. "You use Apple computers here? I'm surprised." St. Peter looked at him and said sternly, "yes, we use Macs. If you want to use a PC you can go to hell."