Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Murdock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
Hello everyone!

I have a seriously annoying problem. I recently bought a Sony Ericsson w200i which arrived in the mail today. Cheerfully i connected it to my Powerbook using the included USB-cable which promtly brought up a 'you need to restart your computer'-screen in a few different languages. I can only remember having seen that screen once before in the 2 years i've had the Powerbook and then it was an exception but with the W200 it happens every damn time. Basically i'm just throwing this one out here because i can't find any info on this anywhere on the internet including these forums and Sony Ericssons support(i've mailed them but no response so far). I did find one where a poster says he simply connects it like i do but i don't know if he's got an intel or ppc.

My computer: Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz with OSX 10.4.2.

Any help would be appreciated though i suspect this one isn't too well known considering how little info i've found. I knew they only included PC software for these phones but not even being able to connect to a mac? That's just to stone age to be true... :/

googlebot

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Sony Ericsson W200i iSync plugin

ffffff.tif

Put the plugin in: /Library -> PhonePlugins. If you don't have a PhonePlugins folder in /Library folder, then create it first.

Then just pair your device with the computer and then start up iSync. When you add a new device, it should detect your phone and should say it's supported.

Plugin:
Code:
http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=6rht5aisbl

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.