PDA

View Full Version : Help Airport/G4/Windows xp/DSL

vinoteck
Aug 5, 2003, 06:11 PM
Help - I am currently running Earthlink DSL with an IBM windows xp based PC. I want to hook my Mac G4 notebook up with an airport extreme (ethernet or usb based only- not dial up capability) I've got all the equipment but I can't get the G4 and the Airport to talk. It's currently set up through an Apple compatible Canon printer usb port. Any ideas??????? I would greatly appreciate any help - I'm a Mac newbie and although I love the OS X platform I'm not getting this technology yet.

Mudbug
Aug 5, 2003, 07:55 PM
I'm afraid I don't follow - you've got _what_ set up through the apple-compatible canon printer usb port? That doesn't make sense to me...

Can you get it to work plugged in to the base station with a patch cord? That would be the first question.... always make it work physically connected, then figure out the wireless.

Are you getting any kind of addressed IP number on the laptop, or is it a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx number (self assigned)? In other words, does it actually see the base station, and just doesn't get a networked IP address?