Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamiephofe

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
South Yorkshire
Hey guys/girls.

My iPod has randomly stopped working, and I need to know whether I require a new HD for it.

I attached my iPod as usual to my PC to add a few songs and videos etc and my iPod said "iPod corrupted, format to use with windows" or something similar to that. The problem is that every time I restore the iPod, the same message comes on when I plug the iPod in. I am able to start the iPod and browse through the menus etc but windows wont detect it, and iTunes keeps coming up with the same error.

I tried the iPod on another computer and had the same result. I also tried reinstalling iTunes, no luck.

I hope someone is able to shed some light on the problem. I have a MBP coming in a week, I may as well try it on that before I buy a new HD.

Thank you.

- Jamie

Hipnomac

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Chicago
Hey guys/girls.

My iPod has randomly stopped working, and I need to know whether I require a new HD for it.

I attached my iPod as usual to my PC to add a few songs and videos etc and my iPod said "iPod corrupted, format to use with windows" or something similar to that. The problem is that every time I restore the iPod, the same message comes on when I plug the iPod in. I am able to start the iPod and browse through the menus etc but windows wont detect it, and iTunes keeps coming up with the same error.

I tried the iPod on another computer and had the same result. I also tried reinstalling iTunes, no luck.

I hope someone is able to shed some light on the problem. I have a MBP coming in a week, I may as well try it on that before I buy a new HD.

Thank you.

- Jamie

I am having the exact same problem as you. I tried everything, including wiping the drive in Disk Utility, and nothing worked. The weird thing is that when I put the ipod into diagnostic mode the HDD passes, and I repaired the HDD also with Disk Utility, but still it keeps saying its corrupted and wont restore. ??? Maybe Disk Utility will fair better for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.