PDA

View Full Version : G5 Ship Dates

Anticipat3
Aug 6, 2003, 08:12 AM
Today is Wednesday, August 6th. Has anyone ordered a Dual 2.0 G5 recently, and if so, what's your expected ship date?

I'm about to put my order in (finally) and I'm praying it's not like "12/1/03"...

Anybody?

DovMalizar
Aug 6, 2003, 08:18 AM
As you put in your order it will tell you before you are committed to buying it. Yesterday I checked the expected shipping times and it said 7-10 weeks.

KCK
Aug 6, 2003, 09:51 AM
I put in my order for a dual 2.0 on 7/31 and my expected shipping date is 10/2

minimecpy
Aug 6, 2003, 10:40 AM
I ordered a Dual 2 GHz with the bluetooth module on 7-31, and my shipping date is October 10. Why is there such a delay just for a module?

KCK
Aug 6, 2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by minimecpy
I ordered a Dual 2 GHz with the bluetooth module on 7-31, and my shipping date is October 10. Why is there such a delay just for a module?

OK I went back and looked at my order and I was wrong before. I actually ordered my G5 on 7/22 so since our orders are a week apart that is probably why the ship dates are a week apart.

Sorry for the confusion

daveL
Aug 6, 2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by minimecpy
There was another thread on this topic. You might want to do a search. It seems that orders for the dual 2GHz is exceeded Apple's original estimates by a large margin, thus the increased delivery dates.

minimecpy
Aug 6, 2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks KCK, it clears that up. daveL, I was curious why there was an 8 day difference (from KCK's order) when all I did was order a BlueTooth module extra, but KCK's second post clears it up. I hope they can get these things out the door sooner though! (as everyone else does, but I have no computer for school-maybe they'll ship the educational order's with the ADC order's...)