Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anticipat3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 30, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Today is Wednesday, August 6th. Has anyone ordered a Dual 2.0 G5 recently, and if so, what's your expected ship date?

I'm about to put my order in (finally) and I'm praying it's not like "12/1/03"...

Anybody?

DovMalizar

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
As you put in your order it will tell you before you are committed to buying it. Yesterday I checked the expected shipping times and it said 7-10 weeks.

minimecpy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2003
I ordered a Dual 2 GHz with the bluetooth module on 7-31, and my shipping date is October 10. Why is there such a delay just for a module?

KCK

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2003
Oakland, CA
Originally posted by minimecpy
I ordered a Dual 2 GHz with the bluetooth module on 7-31, and my shipping date is October 10. Why is there such a delay just for a module?

OK I went back and looked at my order and I was wrong before. I actually ordered my G5 on 7/22 so since our orders are a week apart that is probably why the ship dates are a week apart.

Sorry for the confusion

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Originally posted by minimecpy
There was another thread on this topic. You might want to do a search. It seems that orders for the dual 2GHz is exceeded Apple's original estimates by a large margin, thus the increased delivery dates.

minimecpy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2003
Thanks KCK, it clears that up. daveL, I was curious why there was an 8 day difference (from KCK's order) when all I did was order a BlueTooth module extra, but KCK's second post clears it up. I hope they can get these things out the door sooner though! (as everyone else does, but I have no computer for school-maybe they'll ship the educational order's with the ADC order's...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.