PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever try this?

MacManiac1224
Aug 6, 2003, 09:18 AM
I am thinking of buying a new PowerMac G5, I found this site, did any of you guys ever use this?

http://www.purchaseprogram.com/

Thanks again.

Farside161
Aug 6, 2003, 09:57 AM
there was another thread about this before, it was voted to be a scam.

mkubal
Aug 6, 2003, 10:00 AM
Way too good to be true. Scam.

Matt

etoiles
Aug 6, 2003, 10:02 AM
there is a whole bunch of threads about this, do a search for "marbella"...

TMA
Aug 6, 2003, 06:44 PM
Stay clear of it.

superfunkomatic
Aug 6, 2003, 06:57 PM
250 bucks for a computer, that may get you the RAM, or a good ram job, if you know what i mean. why not look into leasing your mac locally?
i've leased mine for 3.5 years, it's a wicked tax write-off for your business and you can dump the computer or keep it at the end of your lease. i've saved almost 3500 bucks CAD in taxes, which is pretty much like getting a free computer.

Sun Baked
Aug 6, 2003, 07:07 PM
There were some replies from people that got scammed by them stating that:

- their target prices were unrealistic and far below the price of any dealer they are attempting to buy machines from

- that the time between your entry fee and when they say that a group will go out to contract has no basis in reality.

- that they sit on you money forever.

- that the price they finally end up with is near what you can get from a catalog reseller after you factor in the freebies.

- it's a form of financial prostitution (ie, you'll definitely be screwed).

rainman::|:|
Aug 6, 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by superfunkomatic
250 bucks for a computer, that may get you the RAM, or a good ram job, if you know what i mean. why not look into leasing your mac locally?
i've leased mine for 3.5 years, it's a wicked tax write-off for your business and you can dump the computer or keep it at the end of your lease. i've saved almost 3500 bucks CAD in taxes, which is pretty much like getting a free computer.

That's not quite how it works... $250 is a reservation fee, they then purportedly place your order in with a big batch of 100 orders, then they take that batch and shop it around, getting wholesalers to compete for the orders by granting discounts. Then they set you up with the wholesaler for the price they return you if you approve.

And it's still probably a scam.

pnw

Kwyjibo
Aug 6, 2003, 07:19 PM
....they promise you realy low prices, take forever and end up letting oyu pay about the same as retail or a little below....stay away....I would even take the link out of the thread so other potential users don't get sucked in...but thats me I refuse to give people like that the traffic or the potential ....