PDA

View Full Version : Carly Simon reveals who's "So Vain" for $50k

eyelikeart
Aug 6, 2003, 10:56 AM
classic... :D

I love it whenever a song has a story behind it...too bad we won't hear it though.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030805/ap_en_mu/simon_so_vain

Ambrose Chapel
Aug 6, 2003, 11:19 AM
i saw that...i'm guessing it's ("former president") james taylor. he seems the vain type. ;)

once in martha's vineyard i saw her - she came out of a store as we were going in. barefoot and she still towered over me.

iGav
Aug 6, 2003, 12:44 PM
that's one hell of a secret to keep isn't it... :p

imagine, you're on your 3rd/4th/5th pint and then it slips out.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder how long it'd take to get around the world... :D

wdlove
Aug 6, 2003, 07:08 PM
I remember the song very well. A very catchy tune. Can't say that it ever entered my mind that it was referring to a certain person. $50K, but has to keep it a secret. IMHO not worth the money!

idea_hamster
Aug 6, 2003, 09:25 PM
Somewhere in the past, I heard that the subject of "You're So Vain" was Chris Christopherson. I never heard any underlying reason and he wasn't listed in the usual suspects in the article. Anyone?

tpjunkie
Aug 6, 2003, 11:01 PM
I saw carly simon on the ferry over to martha's vineyard once, about 8 or nine years ago, she was wearing a big hat and trying to seem incognito...although it was february and its not like many people were around. my dad told me who he thought she wrote the song about, someone she had just broken up with at the time she wrote the song, but i forgot who it is unfortunately...oh well

kiwi_the_iwik
Aug 7, 2003, 01:53 AM
I can't believe you guys DIDN'T KNOW it was supposed to be Warren Beatty...

Blatantly obvious - and already been announced years ago.

By the way - ever notice who's singing backing support on that song? None other than Mick Jagger (Yeah - like HE'S one to talk...).

;)

Judo
Aug 7, 2003, 04:21 AM
yea I though it was Warren Beattyy too.