PDA

View Full Version : Doing an erase and reinstall on my eMac...can my Seagate External store my settings?

maxeythecat
Aug 18, 2007, 06:30 AM
I've got a Seagate FreeAgent 320 External Hard Drive, and I was wondering something...can I back up all of my settings ( bookmarks, mail, personal folder etc) to my external, perform a clean erase and reinstall of my OS then restore my settings from there and save the data that I've already got on the drive at the same time? I've got lots of music, photos and other goodies on my Seagate already and I don't want to lose any of it...mainly my question is if after I do a complete cleanout of my eMac hard drive, will I have to erase all the data on my external in order to reconfigure it for use on a Mac or will I be able to keep what I already have? I'd really like some advice on this!

juanm
Aug 18, 2007, 06:48 AM
Download iBackup. Choose "Save", a folder on your external HD and select "settings" and "Mail (mailboxes, preferences, accounts...)". Then, on your freshly installed OS, install iBackup, choose "restore", and you're done