Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Hi,
I am very much interested in finding out for those of you who ordered a mac mini the latest versions, how long before it was shipped out and how long it took for you to get the unit. Also would be nice to let me know what you ordered if it was the 2.0 version or not? which hard drive, Ram ? Etc...

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
I ordered the stock 1.83 from the Apple Store online on the first Tuesday and got it the following Monday, standard free shipping.

PygmySurfer

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Wellesley, ON
Hi,
I am very much interested in finding out for those of you who ordered a mac mini the latest versions, how long before it was shipped out and how long it took for you to get the unit. Also would be nice to let me know what you ordered if it was the 2.0 version or not? which hard drive, Ram ? Etc...

Ordered mine August 13th, it shipped that day, I received it on the 17th (I'm in Canada, and that was with Standard shipping). Mine's a stock 2.0 GHz model.

As for your question re: iMovie, I couldn't tell you - I have mine connected to my TV to use as an HTPC.

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
How do you like it? Can you run imovie without any problems?
Using mine for HTPC as well. I might try iMovie on it at some point, but haven't done much except QuickTime, FrontRow and web surfing stuff so far. It seems to be a very fast capable machine as expected.

PygmySurfer

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Wellesley, ON
Using mine for HTPC as well. I might try iMovie on it at some point, but haven't done much except QuickTime, FrontRow and web surfing stuff so far. It seems to be a very fast capable machine as expected.

Agreed. I think mine actually plays 720p .MKV files better than my MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB) does. I grabbed the first episode of Californication, and the audio was all screwy on my MBP, but it played fine on the mini through Front Row.

balahir

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2006
Sweden
Agreed. I think mine actually plays 720p .MKV files better than my MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB) does. I grabbed the first episode of Californication, and the audio was all screwy on my MBP, but it played fine on the mini through Front Row.

Me too (media center, that is). Ordered the stock 1.83 on Thursday evening 9 August and it arrived at my door on Monday 13 August at 9.30.

Plays 720p files flawlessly (even streamed).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.