Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danrose1977

macrumors regular
Original poster
My order status looks like this:

Not yet shipped
Estimated Shipping: 01 Oct, 2007
Estimated Delivery: 11 Oct, 2007

IWORK '08 RETAIL-INT
MA790Z/A

XTREMEMAC HDMI TO HDMI CABLE 2M-ZML
TL951ZM/A

IMAC 24/SD
Z0E4
2.4GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
320GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)
NO MODEM
Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
WL KYBRD & MAC OS X-UK
COUNTRY KIT-GBR

APPLE TV-GBR
MA711B/A​

I'm in the UK and ordering through the education store... anybody else got a long shipping estimate?

rds

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2007
When ordering, you should always keep an eye on the ship date as configuring one component can put it back weeks (e.g. the wireless keyboard.)

I don't think the wireless keyboard is the issue. I ordered a 2.4 20" iMac, standard spec except for a 500 gig hard drive.

Ordered: 14 August
Estimated Shipping 21-23 August
Estimated Delivery 30 August -4 September :(

The wait is killing me!

There is also a delay on iWorks at Amazon in the UK. Guess it's all down to the demand for the new products.

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
I don't think the wireless keyboard is the issue. I ordered a 2.4 20" iMac, standard spec except for a 500 gig hard drive.

Ordered: 14 August
Estimated Shipping 21-23 August
Estimated Delivery 30 August -4 September :(

The wait is killing me!

There is also a delay on iWorks at Amazon in the UK. Guess it's all down to the demand for the new products.

But if you look your delievery date is close to a month before the OPs. It's because the wireless keyboard isn't available until then. If for some reason it becomes available before... you will get it as soon as.

Southern

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
London, UK
I'm in the UK and I just ordered an entry level 20" iMac with a 320Gb HDD instead of the default 250Gb one. Order time is apparently two weeks, so I assume they are shipping it to the moon to swap out the smaller HDD, although when I spoke to Apple they did say it increases shipping time by adding BTO options. Never mind, at least it's not a month to wait - that is just insane! Nevertheless, I guess we'll both have to wait, what with people loving the new iMacs :)

CBX

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
Can you get the wireless keyboard (with the iMac) through the apple store quicker than via the web?

bigbadnewill

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
We're still waiting for our 24" 2.8GHz mac, ordered it 9th august i think, due on friday, i'm so friggin excited!!!!

Never had a mac before. We ordered a wireless mouse, but all rest was standard. Who ships the iMac's in the UK?? Is it Citylink or someone like that?

Can't wait to get it though!!

Shreedhan

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2007
Who ships the iMac's in the UK?? Is it Citylink or someone like that?

It's always been UPS for me and I'm pretty sure Apple always use UPS. I ordered the base model 24 inch imac on 24th August 2007 and the expected shipping is 30th August earliest.

I have usually found that if the product is being within the UK the order arrives nextday from Apple say they shipped it!

sanzu3

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
when i ordered my mbp yesterday (uk) i asked about getting a wireless keyboard and they said it would slow id down a lot so i passed on it.

i have a long 3 week wait ahead of me......

Fungie

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
Newcastle
when i ordered my mbp yesterday (uk) i asked about getting a wireless keyboard and they said it would slow id down a lot so i passed on it.

i have a long 3 week wait ahead of me......

lol I waited like 3 weeks n apparently my 24" is still in Amsterdam not yet in the UK but apparently that is a GOOD sign?!?!? hehe this is what happens when u order something that is hugely on demand!

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
i think reuglar ship time without a wireless keyboard is about a week while the wireless option will bump it to a month or more.

mrmjd

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
lol I waited like 3 weeks n apparently my 24" is still in Amsterdam not yet in the UK but apparently that is a GOOD sign?!?!? hehe this is what happens when u order something that is hugely on demand!

UK delivery seems bad! People in Canada and USA are getting the same machine a lot earlier than the UK it seems!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.