PDA

View Full Version : The evolution of the computer mouse continues…

edesignuk
Aug 7, 2003, 08:19 AM
From BBC Article:
The humble computer mouse is about to move in a whole new direction.

Microsoft has announced that new versions of its mouse will be fitted with wheels that tilt as well as roll.

The innovation means that users will be able to scroll vertically as well as horizontally without using on-screen navigation bars.

Full Article. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3131453.stm)

patrick0brien
Aug 7, 2003, 09:25 AM
-edesignuk

Hmm. I suppose we'll see if it's useful.

I can't stop the side-to-side tilting function from reminding me of the horrid "scroll-thumb" on IBM mice, that had no tactile control, therefore overshooting the mark all the fargin' time!

wdlove
Aug 7, 2003, 10:15 AM
Kenningston already has a great product with its wireless trackball. Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to innovate, but is a master at the copy game!

rainman::|:|
Aug 7, 2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by wdlove
Kenningston already has a great product with its wireless trackball. Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to innovate, but is a master at the copy game!

I don't understand what a wireless trackball and a tilting scroll-wheel mouse have in common?

Tho the wireless trackball is what will soon be driving my home entertainment setup... since nobody can be bothered to make a wireless trackpad...

pnw

jbomber
Aug 7, 2003, 06:19 PM
when are we goign to evolve up to the interface system seen in Minorty Report? That thing was amazing.