Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
For a car phone holder that was never designed with the iPhone in mind this thing is a steal at $10. I bought mine at Pep Boys. Only link I could find to a picture for reference online is at Amazon

My experience with this product so far:
•The 4 arms (2 on the side 2 at the bottom) that embrace the iPhone are rubber so they pose no scratch threat.
•The arms are also flexible so they wrap the iPhone perfectly and securely.
• The bottom gap provides enough space for a dock cable to attach to the iPhone without annoyance.
• There are no areas on the holder that prevent access to buttons or ports
• The footprint of this phone holder is slim and small. It's completely hidden from view (apart from the arms) when the iPhone sits on it.
• Did I mention the side arms are completely flexible? :rolleyes: . If your iPhone lives inside a case it will most likely fit in this holder.

Best 10 Bucks I've spent all year :)

317b8QJQK0L._AA280_.jpg

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

How does it mount onto the car? Excuse me if I missed it in your review.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

How does it mount onto the car? Excuse me if I missed it in your review.

From Amazon's site:

Product Features
Adjustable arms fit most mobile phones
Clips to air vent or sticks to dash with double sided tape (included)
Contemporary design accentuates your interior

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
srry for the late response. I've been away from the comp all day.

It clips the air vent or you can use the 2 sided sticky mount attachment.

b257177

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
How about photo's of it mounted in your car, with and without the iPhone cradled. Maybe a shot of the clips you speak of as well.

Would be doing us all a favor! :)

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
How about photo's of it mounted in your car, with and without the iPhone cradled. Maybe a shot of the clips you speak of as well.

Would be doing us all a favor! :)

reaaalyllly late response (i don't post that often )

I can't do pics because the iPhone camera is the only one I have but you really can't go wrong at ten bucks. If you don't like it just tell the clerk it doesn't fit your phone and get your money back

Sobe said:
is it better than this though?)

you get what you pay for. I just figured I'd point out a great alternative for those who don't want to spend a fortune on accessories. The one you point out is probably great. Swivel for video would definitely be a plus at that cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.