PDA

View Full Version : 30 GB iPod no sound!

minimecpy
Aug 7, 2003, 12:36 PM
I got my new iPod yesterday, loaded it with music, then started using it. After ten minutes, the controls didn't work, but every time I pushed the hold button it would work like I pressed select. The battery finally ran out, I turned it on, and all my music was gone (along with my settings and such). Tried again, but the same thing happened. Any suggestions? I'm going to call Apple, probably send it in to get replaced, but does anyone know what might of gone wrong? Has this happened to anyone? The iPod software is 2.0.1, I think.
Thanks,
Chase

minimecpy
Aug 7, 2003, 12:39 PM
error on my part, the iPod didn't play any music (on screen it did, but there was no sound). Then the rest happened. Sorry:(

gopher
Aug 7, 2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by minimecpy
I got my new iPod yesterday, loaded it with music, then started using it. After ten minutes, the controls didn't work, but every time I pushed the hold button it would work like I pressed select. The battery finally ran out, I turned it on, and all my music was gone (along with my settings and such). Tried again, but the same thing happened. Any suggestions? I'm going to call Apple, probably send it in to get replaced, but does anyone know what might of gone wrong? Has this happened to anyone? The iPod software is 2.0.1, I think.
Thanks,
Chase

Sometimes what is necessary is to let the iPod fully charge before using it. It may be necessary to hit the menu and play buttons simultaneously to reset the iPod. In the worst case scenari, download the latest firmware from Apple and restore it to the iPod. Sometimes the shipping firmware is not the same as the one on the website. The one on the website is the latest.