PDA

View Full Version : Help finding free "enclosed letter" font

micvog
Aug 21, 2007, 09:43 PM
I am trying to find a free "enclosed letter" font for use in a wedding bulletin (to indicate where the pastor, congregation, bride and groom speak using 'P', 'C', 'B' and 'G'). By "enclosed letter" I mean where the character is inversed against a rounded-rectangle; Mac OS X includes a font similar to this for numbers. I am looking for letters.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I checked the guides for free fonts and was not able to find something like this.

GoCubsGo
Aug 21, 2007, 09:54 PM
Do you have a sample of this at all? I'm confused. :confused:

micvog
Aug 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
Do you have a sample of this at all? I'm confused. :confused:

Thanks Jessica. I have attached a sample (see the "P" and "C" on the left).

GoCubsGo
Aug 21, 2007, 10:08 PM
Oh, gosh google is not my friend on this one. Have you tried What the Font? (http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/) Sometimes it is helpful.

GoCubsGo
Aug 21, 2007, 10:10 PM
By the way I did it and it worked out quite well. Try it because it won't let me post the results url here.

Aperture
Aug 21, 2007, 10:12 PM
Maybe something like this (http://www.dafont.com/imperator-plaque.font)?

Ish
Aug 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
If you go to Character palette > Symbols - under there you'll find Enclosed Letters. Scroll past all the oriental enclosed letters and you'll find what you want. There's a selection of fonts as enclosed letters.

micvog
Aug 22, 2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone.

If you go to Character palette > Symbols - under there you'll find Enclosed Letters. Scroll past all the oriental enclosed letters and you'll find what you want. There's a selection of fonts as enclosed letters.

Is that dependent on the fonts I have installed? I tried searching the Character palette but only found enclosed numbers and enclosed asian characters. I will check again this evening, but the only fonts I have are those that (1) came with Tiger or installed with (2) MS Office 2004 or (3) iWork '08.

Ish
Aug 22, 2007, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure, I knew I had seen them there and went looking. There's a lot of oriental enclosed letters and you have to scroll past them before coming to the ones you need.Even then a lot of them have oriental names. I'm enclosing a screen shot - hope it helps.

micvog
Aug 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure, I knew I had seen them there and went looking. There's a lot of oriental enclosed letters and you have to scroll past them before coming to the ones you need.Even then a lot of them have oriental names. I'm enclosing a screen shot - hope it helps.

Thanks Ish.